Did you mean: 

Original topic:

finder app by gesture

(Topic created on: 10-16-2019 02:46 PM)
NTech
Active Level 1
Options
Suggestions
Get to finder app faster. I'm long time iPhone user that switch to Android. Love it, I see the light. I'm rocking Android 10 beta and features are almost 100 percent. Is there an option to swipe down and pic and app . Can you add gesture to swipe down open finder app to find stuff on phone faster?  Or option in gesture to launch any app u want when swipping down.  When u don't have swipe down enabled to see notification panel.

You guys doing good, center bar needs to be a little bigger I think for gestures. A little slow to open all apps open but sure it will be fixed when final software deployment. Any feedback will be appreciated. 
7 Comments
brandonl2748
Active Level 4
Suggestions
If you swipe up or down on your home screen (depending on your settings) you can access the Finder right from the top of the Apps drawer.
0 Likes
NTech
Active Level 1
Suggestions
thank you for responding, but what would be awesome is if when u swiped down it will immediately go to finder and keyboard will pop up to type right away. having full control of gestures without app install would be fantastic if it was native.
s10user2
Active Level 1
Suggestions
This is already part of many 3rd party android launchers
0 Likes
NTech
Active Level 1
Suggestions
thanks for advise. I'm trying to avoid 3rd party, think it should be part of the native app function. when u set home screen to home screen apps gives u option to swipe up and search comes on but you still need to click on bar to type. keyboard does not automatically come up. see photo. once u set home screen option home and app app screens then option goes away. it would be nice to have it available to swipe down on any screen to get search option and ready type with keyboard. just a suggestion. with so many apps at times or items u are looking for, search makes searching for anything related to what you type available withing mili seconds. at least that was my experience with Apple. sure miss that part of it. saves time.
SamsungUSABetaTeam
Community Manager
Options
Suggestions

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.

saurabhagarwala
Beginner Level 4
Suggestions

Is there any update on this feature. It is quite useful and provided by most competitors.

0 Likes
PrateekChadha
Beginner Level 2
Suggestions

I too agree. There should be a faster way to reach finder app

0 Likes