Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Grayscale Mode Does Not Reverse Automatically

(Topic created on: 05-01-2023 12:21 AM)
adrianjosephg
Beginner Level 2
Options
Support
Grayscale mode does not automatically reverse when the specified time when it should be on (set in either Modes or Routines) ends. I have to specifically indicate Grayscale Off on next applicable Mode or Routine to make the screen appears Colored. It is as if my screen display is default in Grayscale. I turn off Power Saving Mode, Accessibility, and all those troubleshooting tips found in Samsung website but to no avail: https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-troubleshoot-when-the-samsung-phone-d...

No issues with this since 2020 even though Power Saving Mode is On in my Note 20U. My S23U have the same settings with my old Note 20U and I just experience this after April 1, 2022 Security Patch Level Update so this is frustrating.
5 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Support

Hello adrianjosephg,

We are sorry to hear about your experience due to the recent updates on your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra having issues with the grayscale mode that does not auto-reverse.

We are glad that you were able to perform some troubleshooting steps but that they came out short and did not work. If it happens to my device, I will be frustrated too, as I expect that my device will perform better after an update, and not worse.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4. Restart your device.

Clear Cache Wipe Partition.

Step 1.  Turn off the device. (Connect with type C cable) 
Step 2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the power button.
Step 3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
Step 4. Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
Step 5. Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
Step 6. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you may submit an error report through the Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Settings/System".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

If the issue persists, you may bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center in your area. Rest assured that your device will undergo an assessment to pinpoint the root cause of the issue. They may guide you and offer solutions to restore it.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

or book an appointment with the Samsung Members app as follows:

Support > Book an appointment to set one.

Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Be sure to click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" when you find our answers helpful to you.

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.
0 Likes
adrianjosephg
Beginner Level 2
Support
Wipe cache partition did not worked. Already report an error 3 hours ago.

Also this is S23U but the context is I have Note 20U before and using Grayscale mode ever since and I am not having an issue.

Right now, I need to specifically set Grayscale Off so that the display will have color.Screenshot_20230501_171016_Modes and Routines.jpgScreenshot_20230501_171054_Modes and Routines.jpgFB_IMG_1682933635950_1000005258_1682933635.jpg
0 Likes
niconii
Beginner Level 2
Support
I am having this problem as well. Did you have any solutions to this? Grayscale at night really helps with my eyes but it does not revert in the morning
0 Likes
reginalowe
Beginner Level 2
Support

I am having the same issue.  Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
zm46
Beginner Level 3
Support

Also having this issue. I had to create a routine to be able to turn grayscale off, so now the phone acts like the default is grayscale.

0 Likes