Did you mean: 

Original topic:

So there is this problem with my A53

(Topic created on: 12-31-2022 10:07 PM)
ball_of_dirt
Active Level 1
Options
Support
So after not using my phone for a few days and the battery dropped to 0%, today I charged it up and fast charging wasn't activated. I had fast charging enabled in settings too. I even allowed it to charged to 30% before unplugging and replacing it to see if that works. It didn't. It never happened before. Power outlet is strong enough for it and I even tried another fast charger cable
0 Likes
10 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hi, from One UI 4.1 onwards, Super/Fast Charging will only display for the first time when u plug in. Subsequently, it will display as Charging. However, to check whether the charging is fast or not, u have to go to Members app and go to Diagnostic and select Cable charging. It will indicate whether the mode u are charging is Fast or Slow.
0 Likes
ball_of_dirt
Active Level 1
Support
No for me it will always show the cyan colour ring even though I unplugged it many times if it's fast charging. But now it's always just green
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Just to check if u are using Fast charging adapter?

If u are, try using the same adapter with another usb c to c cable. If there is Fast charging, means ur cable is intermittently not carrying the full current.

Do let me know how it is.
0 Likes
ball_of_dirt
Active Level 1
Support
I'm using the cable which came in the box and a 25w charger
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Sometimes, the internals in the cable may have some breakage, causing the cable to no longer support Fast charging.

So the only solution is to test with another same type cable, to see if it's the cable issue.
0 Likes
ball_of_dirt
Active Level 1
Support
I tested with another cable from a s22 and it still doesn't work
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hmm.. seems like it's ur phone issue. Is ur phone still under warranty?
0 Likes
ball_of_dirt
Active Level 1
Support
Definitely
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
If it's still under warranty, then consider having it inspected by the service centre.
0 Likes