cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Why does my SAMSUNG QN90B keep going dim, and then bright while watching tv?

(Topic created on: 01-10-2023 02:42 PM)
Samsung90Tmann
Beginner Level 2
Options
Support

Hey guys I just recently purchased a new Samsung QN90B tv a month ago. The issue I have is while watching tv, and gaming on Xbox Series X the picture on the tv goes dark (dims) and then it will go back to being bright. I have eco settings and power saving settings all turned off. Is there a way to fix this? Any help is MUCH appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Comment
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Support

Hello Samsung90Tmann,

Sorry to hear that, about your experience with your Samsung QN90B TV having issues with TV screen dim or brighten by itself and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

If your Samsung TV dims or brightens automatically, this isn’t a problem. It is a feature that Samsung has added intentionally.

The Ambient Light Detection function (also called ECO Sensor on some older models) measures the light in the room and changes the screen brightness automatically to reduce power consumption. The screen will be brighter in a brightly lit room and darker in a dark room.

You can turn off this feature by following below steps.

Settings > General > Ambient Light Detection > use the slider to turn it on or off. 

Samsung TV Screen dim or brighten by itself

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)
0 Likes