Original topic:

Dim half screen bug

(Topic created on: 08-24-2021 03:33 PM)
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Options
Tablets
When I tilt my tablet to portrait mode after a few minutes with landscape mode, half the screen becomes dim and I can only fix it by restarting my tablet. How do I fix that? 
5 Comments
Moraliste
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
Oh man that is really sad... (oh and really so verily sorry guys for this unhelpful comment... I hope it can at least be a little funny for some of your web browsing visitors!)
0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Tablets
Lol thanks!
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, could you tell us if this happens with all apps?

0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Tablets
When I open an app it goes away, only on my home screen and apps drawer it does that.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Tablets

Hi ninifantastic,
Please verify your device in safe mode for 24 hours to diagnose the issue exactly if the third-party apps cause the issue or the device.

Safe mode to check if added apps are causing problems. This mode only loads basic system software and allows you to disable third-party applications.
1. After turning off the device, turn it on.
2. Once the Samsung logo has started, tap and hold the volume down button.
3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.

Keep your device in safe mode for 24 hours.
If the device works well in safe mode, the problem could be with third-party applications installed on the device. Uninstall them in the Settings >> Apps >> show all apps >> Tap on the apps and uninstall them.
How to deactivate safe mode.
1. tap and hold the power button.
2. Tap Restart.

0 Likes