Original topic:

Galaxy s6 lite tab

(Topic created on: 06-15-2021 03:42 AM)
Sipper
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets
Can anyone tell me how to make chrome my dafault browser. I have done the downloads, adjusted the apps to make chrome default, as well as other changes but still no icon that i can p,ace in the tray. Help!
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Should be > Settings > Apps > Scroll down to Chrome > Browser app > Select Chrome browser as the default browser.

No sure what you mean by place the Chrome icon "in the tray"? Do you mean on your desktop?

You should be able to just long press on the Chrome icon in the app drawer & place it on the desktop. 

14 June 2021 203716 GMT-0400.jpg

14 June 2021 203727 GMT-0400.jpg

Sipper
Active Level 2
Tablets
Thanks Red for your response. I guess I am using the wrong term (windows hangover?). I can find no location where long press on Chrome icon that offers me any choice to do anything with it. I assume by the 'app tray' you refer to where I made the choice for 'default browser'? Thank you for any help; I feel like such a dummy...
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

I don't have a Tab, but I would think that the UI would be very similar. 

Long Press on the Desktop > Settings & check to see if your Desktop is "locked", If it is Unlock it, this *should* allow you to add the Chrome icon to your desktop? 

Screenshot_20210615_064453.jpg

Sipper
Active Level 2
Tablets
Thanks Red. You have been a BIG help. I have found a work around (after a fashion) by following your advice. By changing Home screen layout from Home and Apps screens to Home screen only, lo! the discovery of the Browser icon in the Google group. (toggle back and it disappears, with no Apps icon showing up on the Home screen). Frustrating as hell for an old (78) guy trying to understand. Anyway, setting the layout to Home screen only shows all icons...
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, We request you to contact Wecare or Live chat support as they can remotely access your tablet and help you further.

0 Likes