Original topic:

galaxy tab s5e gallery app crash

(Topic created on: 05-04-2019 06:34 PM)
Malechai
Active Level 4
Options
Tablets
Hi there, wondering if anyone has any ideas for this.  It happens on any photo that I try to edit in the gallery.  When I open a photo then tap the Edit icon at the bottom (looks like a pencil) the gallery app crashes.

Thanks
0 Likes
8 Comments
Tablets
I don't have your device - But have you tried Clearing Cache & Data for the app - Also are you using any Themes on your gallery app?
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
thanks for your post! yes I tried that but it doesn't help unfortunately
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
does it open a different app to edit? I'm wondering if I uninstalled it maybe?
0 Likes
Tablets
Maybe try downloading a different Gallery App & See if you can edit using it - There's some pretty decent apps on the Play Store - I'm currently using F-Stop - Give this a try & see if your editing issues continue... To answer your question about "could you have uninstalled.." I don't think that would be the problem? F-Stop by the way is free & doesn't have any ads - There's a "pro key" that you could buy - But you probably don't need it 🕊
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
this was just fixed by support live chat fyi. he needed to give storage permission to a system app called 360 photo editor. now it works! thanks for your help too shaggy
0 Likes
Tablets
Well first of all that's great! Didn't you get any error message or something saying that you needed to grant storage permission... weird as I think that 360 photo editor is a system app - ie: preinstalled by Samsung... Don't know if you checked out F-Stop Gallery but it's pretty nice 👍
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
that's the weird thing - no I was never prompted to grant permission. I'll check out fstop too 😀
0 Likes
adam123
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
all pictures in my gallery disappeared, any ideas how to retrieve them?
0 Likes