Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra - Back plastic strip defect?

(Topic created on: 03-30-2022 06:28 AM)
Nitram556
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

Hello all,

First post here. 

First of all, I want to state how impressed I am with my new Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra received on March 14. I was an iPad Pro user and got amazed at the data transfer easiness as well as all the functionalities of this tablet. Great overall experience!

Now, purpose of my post, I noticed that on the back of the tablet, where the plastic strip for the SPen is located, a small section of that strip is not properly recessed (picture attached). Was wondering if that could be a manufacturing defect? The tablet works great but I now find this issue annoying to the overall great physical aspect experience of the tablet.

Contacted support through chat and also sent pictures. The response was that this was not a defect but a change to allow the SPen to better hold on to the back of the tablet.

Can I ask Ultra tablet owners to look at the plastic strip located at the back of their tablet and confirm if they have the same issue or not?

Thanks,

Martin

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra Back 1.jpgSamsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra back 2.jpg

0 Likes
2 Comments
Helenna
Options
Tablets

Hi, It doesn't look normal.

We request you to contact the place of purchase and they will help you with the further options.

0 Likes
Nitram556
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Thanks Helenna, this is what I thought too. I bought my Ultra tablet on the Samsung.ca website, guess I will need to contact them again through the online chat.

0 Likes