Original topic:

Headphones and notifications sounds

(Topic created on: 02-21-2023 02:51 AM)
Newfie001
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets
Anyone have any tips or help on why everytime I plug in headphones into my galaxy a7 lite tablet is turns off the notification sounds and I have to. Do a soft reset holding the power and volume down buttons at the same time to get the notification sounds to work around but soon and I plug in the headphones again it happens again 
0 Likes
11 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Do you have any music app, that has it's Settings set to start playing music when you connect headphones?

Open any music players you have installed, and check the Settings for the music apps. 

I'm not sure if you can use Samsung's Sound Assistant on your Tablet, but if you can / are, there's a Setting in Sound Assistant to have all Notifications play through your Headphones / Earbuds.

Check that as well. 

0 Likes
DY2019
Active Level 3
Tablets
In case @Newfie you don't have Sound Assistant on your tab (it's not on mine either tab 6 slite running the latest OS), I found Sound Assistant on the Samsung Galaxy Store.
0 Likes
Newfie001
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
Thanks I will check the sound assistance but it happens in all music apps
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

The kind of Setting I am referring to are in the screen shot. 

It may not apply to what is happening on your device, but maybe worth a look. 

The app in the screen shot is Power Amp. 

Screenshot_20230221_112641.jpg

0 Likes
DY2019
Active Level 3
Tablets
Is that setting on your phone as I can't find on my tab6 lite. I was going through my settings to see if i could help as I use bose AE2 headphones and notifications come through just fine whether I'm using Bluetooth or wired. Notifications don't come through when I'm playing a game with priority mode set in game boost or when I have do not disturb set. The only thing I just noticed in Sound is unrelated here and I'll post separately.
0 Likes
Newfie001
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
There is no setting allowing notification to play tho the headphones
0 Likes
Newfie001
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
I will check it out
Thanks
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Tablets

Hi, please check the settings provided by others and keep us posted if your issue is solved.

0 Likes
DY2019
Active Level 3
Tablets
Further to what RedDoRabbit was referring to, here's a screenshot from the Sound Assistant app found in the Galaxy Stoe Screenshot_20230222_080524_Sound Assistant.jpg
0 Likes