Original topic:

Hot pixels

(Topic created on: 08-14-2021 06:30 AM)
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Options
Tablets
I got my tab s6 lite 7 months ago and it has been working amazing. But a few days ago, I saw three tiny white pixels (hot pixels) that would not come of whatsoever. But under a dark color, these pixels would not show up. For example, under a black screen I can not see these pixels but under a a light grey screen, I can see them. Does anyone know how to fix this? 
11 Comments
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, please try the below steps and get back to us with the results.

Go to Samsung members app >> Phone care >> Interactive checks >> Tap on display test.

0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Tablets
There is only an option for touch screen
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, please tap on the touch screen and get back to us with the results.

0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Tablets
It says that the touch screen is working normally
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, Please try to start your device in Safe Mode and check if it fixes the issue. Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the tablet. Follow the below steps to start the Tab in Safe Mode. 

First, completely power off the Tablet. Then, power on the Tablet, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, check for the issue.

• If the issue is gone in Safe mode: One of your recently downloaded apps was likely the cause of the problem.
  • If the issue still exists: Downloaded apps may not be the cause of the problem. You may need to reset the tablet to the factory setting.

To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your Tablet and it will reboot normally.

Note: You can also enter Safe Mode by pressing the Power key, touching and holding the Power off icon, and then touching the Safe Mode icon.

0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Tablets
Nothing happened, still had those pixels
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, we suggest you to go for backup and reset. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Tablets
I no longer have it, it dimmed away
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi ninifantastic, could you confirm if the issue got resolved or not?

0 Likes