Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Increased Tab S8 price but missing a basic power charger :-(

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 12:05 PM)
K0011
Active Level 4
Options
Tablets
Maybe we as customer/consumer continue to ask for more. But sometime is truely just very basic and decent expectations. Samsung is considered successful in many ways. Over the years they took the best of Apple roadmaps and implemented onto their products. We all see the results of it. Well, Apple is still the leader because they are leading all the time, not by sales quantity, but quality and revenue.

Sometime, Samsing just needs to listen to the customers. That is the basic success of Apple as well. Having a big device shipped with no equivalent power charger and trying to follow the silly non-excusable reason on saving the planet, why not just have a campaign to encourage customers to trade-in or recycle their old power adapters? I am sure Samsung is aware, old chargers do not have the same or new power ratings to charge new device optimally. Electronics also do not work forever. Is this a way to punish your customer to spend more or stick with the mediocre old charger (meaning longer charging time or may compromise the longetiviy of the new hw?)

I dont't get it nor understood the marketing strategy and customer experience behind this. For all Tab S8 customers, do share your view on this. Thanks and have a wonderful weekend. 
10 Comments
Satio
Active Level 3
Tablets
I am curious how did it gets type approval without a power charger?
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Tablets

Hello K0011. I am Avinash, from Samsung.

Samsung believes the removal of charger plugs from our in-box device packaging can help address the growing e-waste problem and unnecessary duplication of these items. Existing Galaxy users are encouraged to continue using their current charging plug, while new users will need to purchase this separately.

Rest assured, we'll be sure to share this with the team for review and improvement. Have a nice day!
Thank you.

K0011
Active Level 4
Tablets
it is marketing BS Satio. How do you tell someone has existing power charger that provides optimal charging experience?there are other options to exercise this. For instance provide an option for end customer to tell Samsung do they need a charger? Well, respect your customer first and don't make us feel ripped off as paying more with lesser value in return.
K0011
Active Level 4
Tablets
Even Apple still ship their tablets with power charger!
K0011
Active Level 4
Tablets
talking about eWaste...Samsung shall continue to support ALL their customer running capable HW spec to run the latest OS and features. Apple does this for a good 7yrs in general. I think Samsung wants people to buy their devices every 2-3yrs. That alone creating so much more eWaste than the tiny power charger! Please stop treating your customers like an i***
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Tablets

For me, I don't see the need for extra new power adaptor. Regardless the flagship series or not. In the end Samsung makes devices unified to be able to charge from the same PD and type c cable. In fact, i find it troublesome to have more. I have a box of adapters and not using it now. 3 adapters (2 from the previous purchase Tab S2, Tab S4, Note 4 era) I currently own Tab S8+, S4 and S21 Ultra.. in which 3 devices can be charged by USB C.. i really do not see the need of 3 PDs lying around my table or a box. Took up space as well. But that's my view..

K0011
Active Level 4
Tablets
Hei, every new devices support diff fast charging rate. Also electronic spoiled over the time. Do you think if using old charger from other brand is good on Samsung? Does it damage the battery in long run? Samsung just need to offer options to have PD or not during purchase and have a campaign to collect old or donating PDs
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Tablets
Charging at different rate doesn't affect your battery durability.. electronics spoilt over time doesn't have anything to do with the PD adapter.. Samsung is unifying the way of charging.. the cable is delivered with a 5A.. and it's the same for all devices.. the difference in the size of the voltage that is delivered from PD.. thats all.. which is why there are only 7 to 9 mins gap when one use 45w charging against 25w charging..when measuring in samsung s22 ultra

Lastly, in fact, the slower the battery is charged, the higher the longevity of the battery.. so to be frank I am not sure what you were talking about lifespan of the battery and device against higher powered charging when facts and science said it's contradicting
0 Likes