Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

keyboard for tab S5e

(Topic created on: 07-14-2019 05:52 PM)
Wooleybear
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets

I just bought the tab S5e and keyboard at Costco in Canada for a really good deal. Really happy with the tablet but the keyboard is not configured properly. You type an apostrophe and get <. Type a question mark and you get ~. What is wrong with it? I called Samsung and  they said to take it back but the replacement works the same. Am I missing some secret setting? I called Samsung again and got told they are waiting for an update to fix it. That sounds pretty sad for a brand new much advertised tablet & keyboard. Maybe someone has a solution because I've looked everywhere online and found nothing. *** Read Malechai's post. problem solved!!!

8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Tap the Lang button. You are using the wrong software keyboard.
Solution
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
glad to have helped. this is what my other comment said fyi

if you want the keyboard keys to match what is typed on screen, change your input language for hardware keyboard to French (Canada). go into settings, general management, language and input, physical keyboard, Samsung Keyboard, then pick French (Canada) from the list. now all the printed keys match what appears on screen.
Wooleybear
Active Level 1
Tablets

Those are the instructions I used. Very clear and it solved the problem. 

tommytroy
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

not working for me

tommytroy
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

English (US) Colemak style seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
PaulaKatie
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

Thank you so much!  English... Colemak worked for me, too! 

0 Likes
morineD
Beginner Level 5
Tablets

Im facing the same issue with Samsung Book Cover keyboard in Portugues-BR

Device Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.

0 Likes
Lineg
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
I have the same problem but out of all the lists of languages, there's no francais Canada...please help...
0 Likes