Original topic:

Lost photo albums

(Topic created on: 07-29-2021 07:39 AM)
Anelim64
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Hey everyone, 
I've lost several of my photo albums. Some were backed up to dropbox but not all.
Does anyone know how I can get them back?
9 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Tablets

Hi, could you confirm if you have backed up your photos on the Samsung cloud?

0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Tablets
If you backed up the rest using smart switch on your pc you can use that program to view all your previous backups. Try checking there.
0 Likes
Tablets
Don't forget to check the Trash under Gallery app. It could be accidentally deleted.

Gallery → 3 bars on bottom right → Trash
0 Likes
Anelim64
Active Level 1
Tablets
Unfortunately it was not backed up to Samsung cloud. And there is nothing in the trash
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, you can check the Trash in both the My Files and the Google Photos app.

My Files: Navigate to and open My Files, then tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Trash. Navigate to and touch and hold the missing file. Then, tap Restore.

Items will be permanently deleted after 60 days in Trash.

Open Google Photos app > tap Library.
Select Trash > tap Select.
Select photos you want to restore > tap Restore. Tap the pop-up to restore items.

0 Likes
Anelim64
Active Level 1
Tablets
Hi Georgine, thank you for the detailed help. Under My Files there is no Trash option.
Under Google Photo, it was empty.
0 Likes
Anelim64
Active Level 1
Tablets
I was wondering whether I could have accidentally moved them (albums) somewhere and it's in my phone but just not visible to me.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi Anelim64, please try the below steps if you think the pictures are hidden in your device.

Make sure the the album is not hidden.

From Gallery, tap More options (the three vertical dots) and then tap Hide or unhide albums. Tap the switches next to any hidden albums to make them appear.

Turn on Show hidden system files.

Navigate and open My Files. You may need to open the Samsung folder to find My Files. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings.

Tap the switch next to Show hidden system files, and then tap Back to return to the file list. Hidden files will now appear.

Navigate to the folder containing the image files and look for a file named .nomedia. Tap and hold that file, and then tap Delete.

EmilyAnn
Active Level 5
Tablets
Yes this is all true
0 Likes