Original topic:

Menu items at bottom

(Topic created on: 02-04-2023 02:18 PM)
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Options
Tablets
Hi, I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus and a while back I got an update to a newer version of Android and Samsung One UI. After the update the bottom menu items on the touch screen seemed to have moved to the right. I'm referring to the the 3 vertical bars, the middle square icon and the left pointing arrow on the right, is it possible to re centre these again as how it originally was. Not a big deal but I just would rather them placed in the centre. Many thanks. 
0 Likes
23 Comments
Tablets
Hey MrBBear,

Have you tried in the 'Navigation Bar' settings? If you open 'Settings > Display > Navigation Bar', there are a few options to change the style of the navigation bar.

Do you have any 3rd party apps like Good Lock? If so, they may be playing with it as well. Screenshot_20230204_145652_Settings_1000014115_1675484812.jpg
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Tablets
I did try the settings in the navigation bar but no success, it did show in the navigation bar where you can place the menu bar at the bottom eg left, centre or right, but I'm just wondering if this only takes effect when the tablet is in landscape mode. I did change the settings to the centre but no luck unfortunately. No I don't use good lock heard its good. I use Nova Launcher instead and really like it
0 Likes
Tablets
It's quite possible Nova Launcher has done this, being a home screen replacement. I haven't used it before but if you can disable it (rather than delete and lose your customisation), you could test if this is causing it to stick to the left.
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Tablets
I'll have to look into Nova prob there's a setting somewhere there I need to disable or enable not sure. I'll have another look at it again later on this evening. Thank you
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Tablets
OK update here, I had a look at my tablet. Now when I go to settings, display, navigation bar than choose button position, in there I've got the option for left, centre and right. Now if I choose left the navigation bar goes to the left, if I choose right the navigation bar goes to the right. And if I choose centre the navigation bar moves back to the left again. Definateiy something not correct
0 Likes
Tablets
Very strange. Maybe log an error report with Samsung. After you changed the navigation bar to centre, within 3 minutes, open the Members app on the tablet, click on the Support Tab > Error Report > Display. Describe the details and frequency of the issue, tick 'send system log data' then send to Samsung to have a look for any underlying issues.
Tablets
Dolgogi made a good point in another recent post about booting it in safe mode. Safe mode will disable all 3rd party apps so if the navigation bar reverts back to the centre, you'll know a 3rd party app is affecting it. Might help pinpoint the issue and will be good info either way for the error report (if you log one).
0 Likes
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Tablets
Thank you Dietta I'll look into it. Might have a look at my Nova settings again and have a play around with it, I really do like Nova and have been using it since my first Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Has to be a setting there somewhere
hi2hs
Active Level 5
Tablets
Does it look like thisScreenshot_20230209_155939_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes