Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

moving apps to SD card on A7

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 12:34 PM)
chefgarry
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets
I can move non-system apps to my SD card on my S6 but not on my wife's A7. The same apps on both devices. How can I do this?
16 Comments
chefgarry
Active Level 2
Tablets
nope. formatted sd card (twice), restarted tablet and tried moving apps. the option doesn't appear in settings > apps > storage menu. I guess it isn't allowed.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Tablets

Hi chefgarry,
Thanks for your response. It is not possible to move/transfer apps from internal memory to the SD card if the option is not available.
Important: Only the developer of the application can offer the possibility to move or not an app to a MicroSD card. Samsung is not preventing it by any means! For technical reasons, having an application on a SD card has negative effects on its performance (it affects the speed of data transfer). If the negative effect is too important for the app's optimal performance, its developer might decide not to offer this option.

0 Likes
chefgarry
Active Level 2
Tablets
thanks Halston. Oddly I've done this with the same apps on my Tab E and my S6 lite without problems but can't on the A7.
0 Likes
chefgarry
Active Level 2
Tablets
I did a chat with samsung Canada support. It isn't possible on the A7.
Solution
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi chefgarry, I hope that the query was answered. If yes, please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
wireworm
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Open Samsung MY FILES app

Touch INTERNAL STORAGE

Files are listed with option to MOVE to SD card. 

ANALYSE STORAGE lists the large files with option to move.

I have found that moving APPS to the SD card can cause completely unconnected weird effects on other apps etc.

0 Likes
Captain_SeaJay
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Samsung A7 with October 2022 update. Captain SeaJay here on channel 16:

I know this is pretty old and there have been some updates since. But in the October 2022 update, it's changed again. Pun intended.

As one Saucier to another, Mr Gary, go to Samsung files, Internal Storage, on the right side, Click Apps, Choose a 3rd Party App, that shoudl be able to move, click storage, change button should appear. (eh? pun eh?)

ok that didn't work, so go back to Samsung My Files, click Analyze storage, Apps should show with "I" info asterick, click apps "info" button, will ask you to and automatically take you to Analyze Permissions, give permisiion to "My files" App, and Boom, should be able to move those apps now. 

I know this because I give no permissions. The "files" software needs the permission so it must ask, No forgiveness in this digital world. Best to make them ask for permision always.

SeaJay Out.

0 Likes