Original topic:

New game launcher update

(Topic created on: 12-23-2022 11:32 AM)
Darkhuman
Active Level 4
Options
Tablets
This new game launcher update is horrible they're forcing us with Advertising games And for the games we have installed all we see is tiny little bar at the bottom what a garbage update time to disable the stupid app

9 Comments
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Tablets
I agree...it's not very user friendly. I disabled it.
samy2022
Active Level 9
Tablets
luckily I'm still on version 6.x Screenshot_20221223_143146_Game Launcher.jpg
samy2022
Active Level 9
Tablets
I just received a notification for the update... I think I'll try to delay it as long as possible Screenshot_20221228_180833_Galaxy Store.jpg
0 Likes
samy2022
Active Level 9
Tablets
Three months later, I'm still on 6.x version :)Screenshot_20230317_192812_Game Launcher.jpg
0 Likes
DY2019
Active Level 3
Tablets
I don't like the new look either, focus is on their games. The bar at the bottom with my games feels like it's a second thought and awkward to use. I didn't even see it at first. I'm going to disable the game launcher and put my games back in a game folder like before where I can easily get to them. And if I want a new game, then I will go to the store and search for one.
SuppaDev
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
Absolutely horrible.

I get you need to advertise but there was plenty of ads on the last one.im going back to the the Google games folder , at least there no ads, basic launcher. Rather that than bloatware
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Tablets
Only problem with the Google Play version is that you can't add apps that aren't automatically flagged as "games." It's also similarly redundant to Game Launcher though in that neither are doing anything useful that a simple Pp folder can't achieve. They only exist to shovel ads at you.
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Tablets
Yes, it is absolutely awful. I disabled it and just made a simple folder in my app drawer for games. No need for any of the stuff that comes with Game Launcher, anyway.

I encourage everyone to do the same.