Did you mean: 

Original topic:

new tab s7 has "Baseband Unknown"

(Topic created on: 11-16-2020 02:23 PM)
TropicalCyclone
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
I just bought a tab s7, it doesn't have any imei or Baseband version, It cant detect my sim card and can't update the tablet because I can't authenticate the tablet. help me please.
5 Comments
maniks
Active Level 3
Tablets
also the "i cant authenticat" error message when trying to update the software usually means that your tablet was possibly rooted. rooted means someone has installed or modified non-official samsung software. and it usually affect the emei if d successful or d nagmatch ung firmware na ininstall sa tablet mo.
0 Likes
Tablets
Its literally brand new out of the box, how would it be rooted?
0 Likes
maniks
Active Level 3
Tablets
depends po sa seller, if authorised retailer po ni samsung sa ph then there shouldnt have an issue sa tablet po. contact seller parin po talaga just to be sure.
0 Likes
Tablets
Then why an AUTHORIZED RETAIL SAMSUNG STORE where I bought the tablet from have a problem then? Don't assume that I bought the tablet from a shady reseller or something. Dont assume that Samsung is perfect in every way and every device that comes out of their factories doesn't have defects whatsoever.

all of this doesn't matter now anyways, I got a replacement tab s7 from the store.
0 Likes
maniks
Active Level 3
Tablets
contact seller to verify this po. kasi possible rooted po ung tablet nyo and it cannot be undone.
0 Likes