Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

No data usage or connection

(Topic created on: 03-20-2022 12:02 PM)
Members_7pBnppq
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

I have a Telstra sim card which I installed in my  Tab S7 SM-T870.  There no indication that I have any sort of phone or data connection in setting at all. I have done all the searched etc to no avail. Could someone please assist. Wirless to my hoome modem works fine. The account with Telstra is current and has approx 30gig free on it.

Alan

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tablets
SM-T870 is the wifi version of the Tab s7. It doesn't have cellular capabilities. It wouldn't connect to a cellular Network.

View solution in context

6 Comments
Tablets
https://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/support/changing-an-apn-setting

You need to change the apn settings. See the above link for help.

Also, I don't have a tablet with data, so im not sure if you can simply use a mobile sim or if you require a data only sim.
0 Likes
Solution
Tablets
SM-T870 is the wifi version of the Tab s7. It doesn't have cellular capabilities. It wouldn't connect to a cellular Network.
SamsungLaura
Options
Tablets

Thanks @NameX13

0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
If it is the wi-fi version you might still get a phone connection to it if your phone is Samsung, at those times your tablet is connected to any wireless network. See https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00048749/
Also, in Australia and possibly elsewhere there is something called wifi calling. First, your plan must be with Telstra, Optus, Vodafone or Boost, not any resellers. Second your phone must have wi-fi calling as a feature (advice is on the Telstra, etc web pages), and third, I believe you must be connected to ANY wi-fi network i.e. work, parents, etc and your tablet will be fully operational as a phone using your mobile phone number. Effectively free but if your phone is on a plan the same charges would apply.
0 Likes
Members_7pBnppq
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I have a Telstra sim card which I installed in my  Tab S7 SM-T870.  There no indication that I have any sort of phone or data connection in setting at all. I have done all the searched etc to no avail. Could someone please assist. Wirless to my hoome modem works fine. The account with Telstra is current and has approx 30gig free on it.

Alan

0 Likes
Hunterang
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hi, in my understanding, T870 should be a wifi model and it only supports micro-sd
card