Original topic:

S pen and Touch screen not working on new s6 lite

(Topic created on: 03-30-2021 09:11 PM)
Taylsey
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

Samsung s6 lite only couple of weeks old , s pen does not work , touch screen not responsive , tried soft reset , reset settings and factory reset same problem,  torch screen works for couple of seconds on soft reset the unresponsive

0 Likes
5 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Something like that has been reported here with no real solution... Maybe @keagan, @Halston or @Valeriya should give us a answer ...

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/tab-s6-lite-only-responding-to-s-pen/td-p/9745633

Halston
Options
Tablets

Hi Taylsey,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Have you reset the Tab or S Pen?

Please reset the S Pen and connect it again.
To Reset S Pen - Insert the S Pen into the slot. Then, open the S Pen remote setting screen and tap More → Reset S Pen.

Now, follow the below steps to connect S-Pen:
Insert the S Pen into the slot to start the connection >> Open the notification panel by sliding down from the top of the device >> Expand the options in the notification panel >> Slide the notification panel to the left >> Tap S Pen remote >> Tap it again to reactivate it.
The S Pen icon on the status bar will flicker and might take a few minutes to connect.
Please Note: Do not detach the S Pen from the device when it is being connected. Doing so will interrupt the process.
When the S Pen is connected, the S Pen icon on the status bar will disappear.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
What about this : touch screen not responsive ,
0 Likes
AniD1
Active Level 1
Tablets

Hey listen he is talking about tab s6 lite! Not tab s6! My pen works fine but randomly the screen becomes less sensitive to touch but when i try with pen it works perfectly fine. Only occurs while on fingers randomly not on spen. To notice it clearly or what unresponsive means, is through gaming. Any shooting fps games while swiping just after 20 25 seconds or so does the issue or so whereas when i swipe screen with spen its buttery smooth but with fingers feels like there's some sort of friction between the input touch and output touch response or decrease in screen senstivity but as soon as i lock and unlock the tab, the problem vanishes and again after 25 30 seconds persists like a constant loop! Even sometimes occurs on safe ie not just third party apps but system apps as well like notes google where swiping screwn comes to play. Tried every troubleshooting stuff cleared cache and all. Nothing helpful yet even took to service centre, they are not even able to fix this. I got this recently on june 2021 with android 11 factory shipped. Got updated by security patch the latest available of may for this device by the service centre itself but nothing seems to solve this issue yet. I just wonder are developers working on this issue or not! Even i asked them to downgrade to android 10 that might clarify is it a software bug or hardware issue but says we dont have authority to downgrade and all. When i checked here the ones got this tab recently in 2021 are having this issue so might could be a android 11 bug or so. Lets hope it gets patched soon. Not able to enjoy this tab like gaming because while notes its not a major issue we don't need, swiping twice thrice for a single swipe isn't a issue but when comes to gaming it is a very very major problem! Pls help samsung as spen works fine only issues on fingers! You can also call this touch lag, screen unreponsive........, decrease in screen senstivity at random time,.... etc.

AtolaniSigns
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I am currently having thesame problem. I have recently updated my Tab S6 to android 12, sometimes for about 3mins, the only thing that works is the spen. Finger won't work, i have factory reset, i have cleared cache in recovery,  but problem not solved.

Any solution? 

0 Likes