Original topic:

Samsung A7 Lite does not support phone calls

(Topic created on: 03-08-2023 05:45 PM)
rae203
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

I have been trying to set up "call & Text on Other Devices" on my Samsung A7 Lite.  I have the setting on my samsung phone but when I go to advanced setting on my A7 it is not there.  I contacted the Samsung chat line and was told that there is no setting for it in A7 and it's not possible to make phone calls on the A7.

I am so upset. I never would have purchased it if I had known this was the case.  I can't believe this.  Why on earth would they leave this very important feature out. 

I am now wondering why no one else has posted anything online in relation to it.   Now  wondering  if I have been given wrong information.  

Can anyone enlighten me.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
NOT the answer but Google "samsung a7 lite call and text feature". One of the links refers to wi-fi calling. Wifi calling (incoming calls only) allows incoming phone calls to by-pass your phone when the quality of your actual phone calls is lower than wifi calls. Available with Telstra, Optus, Boost and Vodafone and being extended to other subsidiary networks progressively but you would have to check. Better than nothing but not much.

Also, if you have a Google nest device look at,
https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/google-nest-voice-activated-calling
although I think it is outgoing calls only. NOT Google Duo so don't get confused.

Another option, in Skype you can buy a phone number in your local area, something below $100 per year. You set your phone to forward unanswered calls to that number and the call appears on your tablet in Skype (also appears on your phone if Skype is loaded). You can set to Skype's version of call message recording.for unanswered calls.

I did have call and text on my 2020 tablet a7 (not lite) but I think Samsung discontinued it and I do still receive calls but can't make them.I can still send and receive messages.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hey @Troubadour

Thank you for your suggestions. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
My other comment below implies/suggests you can't make outgoing calls on wi-fi calling. Several Google search responses indicate you can. So the only problem area is that where your internet connection is better quality than your wifi connection incoming calls will be directed to your phone not your tablet
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hey @ rae203

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Could you please refer to @Troubadour suggestions and let me know how it goes. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
dan4444444
Active Level 1
Tablets
Just dump the phone. The support on here is non existent
0 Likes
zim3081
Active Level 1
Tablets
I found similar on s9 couldn't forward however if you get the Drive App from play store you can control one ph with another like parents use on children's ph or workers for bosses. Give it a try it worked for me you become administrator on ph telling second ph what to do.
0 Likes