Original topic:

Samsung galaxy tab a 10.5 stuck at Samsung screen

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 08:33 AM)
pep67
Active Level 3
Options
Tablets
Hi, I have a annoying problem with my galaxy tab 10.5 2018 when I move an app to the SD card the application still work perfectly but when I shut down the tablet as soon as I reboot the tablet, I stay stuck on the Samsung screen and won't boot. 

I was able to start in safe mode, the tablet ask me my Samsung password and Google password and reinstalled everything but the tablet stays in safe mode, there is no way to exit safe mode. 

The only thing I can do is to factory reset and then the tablet reinstalle everything. 

We have a Samsung galaxy tab a 8 inch 2019 model with the exact same SD card, we buy it at the same time, and there is problem on this one, we can move app to SD card and the tablet remain ok. 

Any ideas what could be my problem? I wish I can move app to SD card because 32 GB is a little low but it crash Everytime, this problem append twice with different app. 

Thanks for your help. 

Éloi
15 Comments
Tablets
I have not see this problem. Couple questions here:

- Is the Tab 10.5 software up to date?

- Is the Tab stuck at Samsung logo no matter any app moved? No specific moved app causing problem?

- Have you try Wipe Cache Partition on Tab 10.5?
0 Likes
pep67
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hi Tallman, thanks for the response.

The tablet software is up to date.

The first time the problem happend I move I huge app, x-plane game so I was thinking maybe because it's too huge to be moved but this time I move only little app less then 300 mb and it do the same thing.

The first time I think I try a wipe crash partition with no results, this time the tablet boot in some system menu and I have the option of delete app data partition, I try that with no result.

So I was able to boot in safe mode after, the tablet re-installled every app but it's stay in safe mode, I check and the app I moved to the SD card was re-installled on internal memory and are not on SD card anymore, but the tablet remain stuck on safe mode.

I also try to do a reset of the setting with no results.

The only way I was to get out of safe mode is to do a factory reset and let the tablet reinstalle everything 😕
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi pep67, Please make sure that you have sufficient free internal memory to make the device working properly. If there is no internal memory left, the device may hang up or freezes.
Please note that not all apps can be moved to your SD card. Some apps are specifically designed to work from your internal storage.
Every app will work only from the internal memory and it is not possible to work with the apps from the SD card. The apps will be moved to internal memory once you have opened them from the SD card.

0 Likes
pep67
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hi Georgine, thanks for the response.

When the problem happend the device have 10 GB left on internal memory so I don't thinks it is the problem this time.

I did notice that not every app could be moved, I did not have the option to choose on these app, but the app that do have the option it should not crash my tablet I suppose.

And we have a galaxy tab 8 inch 2019 with same model of SD card and we move app to SD card with no problem on this one, so I don't really understand why it crash my galaxy tab 10.5 inch 2018 both are up to date, so it's very strange 🤔
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, can you please share the screenshot of the app.
Go to Settings> Apps> Select the app from the available list. Then take a screenshot.

0 Likes
pep67
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hi Georgine, as you can see on the screenshot I did not have the option to change storage location for tune in pro and I do have the option for fallout shelter or zoom.

It's very strange that the system give me the option to move it if it's not compatible with SD card??? 🤔Screenshot_20210807-151852_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210807-151934_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210807-151817_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210807-151806_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, We suggest you get the device examined by the technician to get it repaired. I request you please reach out to live chat support by using the link below and they will help you with the service ticket. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat Samsung is offering Door to Door service:

For In-warranty: We will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home.

For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices. For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Most apps have to be installed & run from the internal storage. 

If this issue started after moving apps to the external sd card, I'm pretty sure that is why your tablet gets stuck on the Boot screen.

Unless an app says that it can be installed on the external sd card, don't. 

pep67
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hi RedDogRabbit, thanks for the response, well I guess I will do that, it's pretty annoying to reset tablet to factory default.

Work in windows world for years, you boot in safe mode, uninstall faulty app or driver and your back on business.

I guess it's not that easy on Android or there is something I don't know 🙂

Thanks.