Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite S Pen stopped working

(Topic created on: 11-19-2020 11:56 AM)
kcrase78
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

Hello, 

I got a tab s6 lite a little over 2 months ago. Today my s pen stopped working. I am not sure what the issue is but have tried all the tricks that I have seen on different posts on the web and on Samsung. I have ordered replacement tips for the pen but wasn't sure if there was something else causing it or if I just needed to get  a new pen. 

0 Likes
6 Comments
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi kcrase78, I suggest you to please try the S Pen with any other compatible device. If there is any third-party case or cover, then that could cause interference with S Pen recognition, and screen protectors can cause inconsistent motion and pressure when using the S Pen and you could try removing the screen protector and retest the S Pen.

mytech
Expert Level 3
Tablets
Might be a tip 🤷
Magnets on cases or nearby by can affect your Spen 🤦

Here's the 2 hoops I would jump through...

1-Under settings search
"S pen remote"
Click the 3 dots at the top right and then reset S pen.

If that don't get you through the ring of fire try this...

2- @Cassidy
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-en-fr/td-p/3156063

Happy hooping 🤪✌️
0 Likes
JeanQCsimon
Active Level 7
Tablets

achate en donc sprit ctu po simpl, és gants sont po aussi smart que moé

0 Likes
itsGill
Active Level 6
Tablets
had same issue with note10plus month ago. air actions works but unable to write or draw with pen then change Spen tip and everything back to normal
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Thanks TaljitGill.

Hi kcrase78, Please let us know if the issue got resolved with the new S Pen tip. 

0 Likes
Snyder2590
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I broke the s pen that came with the actual galaxy s6 tab lite so I ordered a new one off of the Samsung website ... it is not recognizing the pen at all...and when I follow the steps I do not have the 3 dots at the top of the page