Original topic:

Samsung tablet s7+ keyboard book cover accessing symbols above numbers

(Topic created on: 08-18-2021 06:42 PM)
Members_6Hcalrd
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

using shift+ key produces the following (many are wrong, few are correct) ~!@#$%&*()_+

should produce the following as per key label |!"/$%?&*()_+

Anyone else experiencing this with their keyboard cover? The only way I can access certain characters, like 'question mark' is to remove keyboard, use the onscreen keyboard. Help. Is my genuine samsung keyboard book cover defective?

Biggest grief, I can't type a ? Using keyboard book cover.

My settings have keyboard defined as US English QWERTY.

2 Comments
Ray2
Active Level 8
Options
Tablets

Your keyboard is not defective that is the way that the bilingual keyboards that we get with the the Tab S7and + in Canada are.  Mine is the same.

If you have your keyboard set as US Qwerty the shift - number keys have characters the same as a US Qwerty computer keyboard and not what is printed on the keys.

As for your question mark it is in the same place as on a computer keyboard which is between the . and shift in lower right corner while using the shift key.

Look at a computer keyboard to figure out what should be there.

I agree that it is not what we would like but that is what they sell us 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Please try the below steps and get back to us with the results.

Go to setting > general Management > Language and Input > Physical Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Change to English (US).

0 Likes