Active Level 4
Options
Tablets

How do I fix that?
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Try this. Settings & click on the 3 dot menu Middle Right to view System apps & Toggle it to the Right & Click on "OK" & Search for "settings" & Click on it & Scroll down to "Storage" & Clear both Cache & Data. Reboot 🤞

IF, that didn't help, try Booting into Recovery and wipe cache. 

Screenshot_20211103_140555.jpg

Screenshot_20211103_140559.jpg

Screenshot_20211103_140602.jpg

Reynaud
Options
Tablets

Hi LeroyDartagnan, please clear cache for settings app and then check if it shows reslts.
Tap settings >> Tap on three dots at top right >> system apps >> select settings app >> tap clear cache.

0 Likes
Dougie88
Beginner Level 3
Tablets
I have same problem on Tab S7 FE. Tried clearing cache but no success. I am hesitant to clear data. Any further suggestions?
Tablets
The problem is also reoccurring. I did what was suggested above and it worked for a short time, but the problem started happening again. I've never had this issue on any other Samsung tablet or phone that I've owned. It has only happened on my Tab S7 FE.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

I'm not very familiar with the Tab devices, but I wasn't suggesting a Factory Reset (if that's what you thought I meant up above).

But if clearing Cache & Data for Settings worked for a while.. You may want to try it as well.

It sounds like for some reason Searching in Settings is taxing the RAM of this particular device & resulting in a slow, or endless searching behaviour?

How much of the device storage is left available? If there's not much, that could certainly affect the device's performance.

If it's near it's maximum capacity, try at least temporarily moving stuff to your computer / cloud storage etc. See if that fixes the issue? 

Dougie88
Beginner Level 3
Tablets
Cleared cache and data, restarted. Still no luck. Lots of memory available.
Tablets
My tablet's (it has 128GBs of storage) storage isn't anywhere close to being full so I don't think that's the issue. I also regularly check my device's RAM usage to make sure it's running at peak efficiency and so far the RAM usage isn't atypical. So, I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Again, I'm not very familiar with the device, but if it's similar to Samsung's phones, if you can put apps "to sleep", or if there's an "optimisation" setting for apps, see if you can put infrequently used apps to sleep & optimize apps as well.

The only other thing that I can think of would be to backup your Tab & Factory Reset. It really shouldn't be getting "lost" when searching Settings. 

0 Likes