Original topic:

Second user doesn't have mobile data

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 10:49 PM)
sekito
Active Level 6
Options
Tablets
Have a Samsung Galaxy tab A8. The first user has a mobile data in the notification area like a phone. The second user does not have that and does not have the option to add that button. Why is that? 
0 Likes
14 Comments
cHeeKo23
Active Level 3
Tablets
Tik
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
I have almost no expertise to help you but I have questions. First, I have a Tab A8 wi-fi version. I assume you have the full version with sim card. (In my case two users both have access to the wi-fi, no problems). First, does the second user have access to the internet? i.e. this means they would be using the first user's data even if they can't access the settings. I will wait for your answer because, if not, I probably can't make helpful suggestions. Remember to test this with wi-fi off.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
Here is a note that I found relating to a different Samsung phone model "Users can also adjust device settings like Wi-Fi that affect everyone. Certain applications (Phone, Message) are only available to the device owner." In case it is important you might want to test to see if you can receive phone calls when the other user is logged in. If the second user needs a phone then you may need to look at Skype, WhatsApp, etc but possibly only via wi-fi unless that test I referred to above is positive (but probably only receive calls when logged in).
0 Likes
sekito
Active Level 6
Tablets
The second user can control Wi-Fi with no problems. Actually I don't understand about the phone calls because from what I understand it can only use a data SIM card and if cannot make phone calls like a proper phone.
sekito
Active Level 6
Tablets
I did see in has a function to make phone calls via the connection to my phone. But I did not turn this on because I don't understand how that would work with multiple users
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
I hadn't appreciated that your sim was data only. It may be possible to put a phone sim in if this is the case, with its own phone number. Otherwise it can act like a phone, I haven't tested whether this is the case with a data sim but this would be great as you wouldn't have to be close to a wi-fi network. I do have wi-fi calling activated which means I can receive phone calls whenever I am close to any wi-fi network that I am logged into. Wi-fi calling is only available, with a compatible phone, to customers of Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and Boost, not others like Aldi etc.As an example Google "Wi-fi calling Telstra" for guidelines. You will just have to test if it works when the second user is logged in.
sekito
Active Level 6
Tablets
The shop sold as a package with the data pack. I assumed it means it can't use a phone sim. That said, I already have spam sms from the minute I put it in. Thanks Optus for the gift of spam for everyone.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Tablets

Good afternoon @sekito. I am unsure of why your 2nd user profile is unable to connect to mobile data. 

I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes
sekito
Active Level 6
Tablets
I'm not this again, you couldn't fix my watch after 150 megabytes worth of error reports, for an issue that others have had for years.
0 Likes