Original topic:

Slow internet connection

(Topic created on: 06-20-2022 12:23 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

My Samsung Galaxy tab A SM-T510 is very slow when connected to Telstra Gen 3 modem with WIFI 6. It connects and has good speed when connected to my phones hot spot WiFi. I have done a factory reset on it and numerous other "fixes" from the internet but to no avail. Speed test has a Ping of 87, Down 0, Up 0.3 Mbps. It was working fine on my previous modem which was a Telstra Gen 2.

0 Likes
10 Comments
Tablets
Hi @David100 have you tried resetting the modem, or trying a different Wi-Fi channel?

I believe by default the WiFi channels are set automatically.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

Hi Dologi...thanks for your reply and suggestions. The modem has been restarted numerous times. By a different WiFi channel do you mean 2.4 G or 5G as I have tried both. Numerous other devices  connect to the modem without any issues. It is just this one tablet that will not connect to the modem. The tablet connects to other WiFi's without any issues...it just seems to balk at connecting to the Telstra Gen 3.

0 Likes
Tablets
2.4ghz & 5ghz are frequencies, and each frequency has different channels available.

Have a look at the Telstra FAQ about changing channels:

https://www.telstra.com.au/platinum-technical-support/articles/how-can-i-improve-my-wifi-connection-...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

Thanks for your reply. The Telstra Home Dashboard is no longer available and has been replaced with MyTelstra. However I changed channels by logging into the modem but it did not solve the problem.

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Tablets

Hi @David100, that's strange. Since you've already tried changing channels, my next suggestion would be to send an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring.

Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

Thank you for your help. I have sent an error report.

0 Likes
Tablets
Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully you'll find a solution quickly.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
This is an area where I am so ignorant my suggestions might be rubbish. Your tablet may be using different access point names (APNs) for the modem and the hotspot. Telstra also has a set of APN settings for 5G https://www.5gapn.com/au/en/telstra When playing with APNs be aware that the settings have to be 100% correct (spacing, upper/lower case etc.) Before playing always write down your existing settings on paper, so you can revert. Use your settings search feature to look for your tablet's "Access Point Names" It is also worth Googling the specs for the tablet and the modem to see if they support wifi 6/7. Google (model number) and gsmarena to find detailled specs.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

Thanks for your input Troubadour but that seems a bit above my ability level.

0 Likes