Original topic:

t500 going backwards

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 08:42 AM)
newbie57
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets
Have new t500 to replace an aging t700, and keep finding things I  can no longer do.
1. Can't move apps to SD card. Support and live chat wasted lots of time claiming it is due to the permissions given by the developer, and completely overlooking ghe fact that the exact same app works on some devices and not others. Finally got an admission that as of Android 10 this is no longer available. But I can move apps on my android 10 A10 phone, so assume this must be a Samsung choice.
2 myfiles on the t700 had an option to scan for nearby devices, and would add my twonky server and let me access files. No such option on the latest device. Articles all over touting the new network storage option for myfiles, but again not on my device. Attemps to get the latest are greeted with "not compatible with your device". It not like other apps can't find the external storage, so again a Samsung choice. Now I need 3rd party apps to do what used to be done directly 
0 Likes
3 Comments
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi newbie57, It is not possible to move/transfer apps from internal memory to the SD card if the option is not available. Please note that only the developer of the application can offer the possibility to move or not an app to a MicroSD card. Samsung is not preventing it by any means! For technical reasons, having an application on a SD card has negative effects on its performance (it affects the speed of data transfer). If the negative effect is too important for the app's optimal performance, its developer might decide not to offer this option.

0 Likes
newbie57
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
does the developer have the option to permit the move on a device by device basis. I can move the same app on a t700 tablet, an a10 phone but not the t500. the suggestions I keep getting are split blaming either the app permissions, android or samsung. same app, 2 of 3 work, unlikely permissions, a10 phone and t500 have android10, so that is unlikely. leaves samsung
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi, please note that the settings may change depending on the device and android version. I suggest you please reach out to the app developer to get more information about this.

0 Likes