Original topic:

Tab A (2017) runs so slow

(Topic created on: 06-26-2022 08:06 AM)
Norma999
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Any suggestions on why my Tab A is so slow and sometimes closes an app?  I did a reset and it was fine for a couple of times and now its slow again.  I have 16 gb free space so i know that isnt an issue  
3 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Not sure if you have this option on your device, but if it's there you could Schedule Auto Restart for daily & see if that helps. 

If this is available on your device, you could go to Device Care & Click on the Battery & put unused Apps to Sleep.

You could also try Booting into Safe Mode & see if your Tab continues to be slow, if not then it's likely to be 3rd party apps that are causing the issue. 

Uninstall any apps that you don't really use. Background processing can certainly create a lag on your device. 

0 Likes
Norma999
Active Level 1
Tablets
Thank you so much! I will give everything a try and keep my fingers crossed it works💞
Axton
Options
Tablets

Hi, we would like to suggest perform The Quick Optimization feature.
The Quick Optimization feature improves your tablet's performance by identifying apps that use excessive battery power. It also clears away unneeded items from memory, deletes unnecessary files, and closes apps running in the background.

From Settings, swipe to and tap Device care. Tap Optimize now, and then tap Done.
Optimize battery and use power saving modes
There are several ways you can change the battery settings to optimize your tablet's battery life.
From Settings, swipe to and tap Device care. Tap Battery, and then tap Power mode.
Select from the following options:
High performance: Maximum screen brightness and resolution. Uses more battery.
Optimized: Get the recommended balance of performance and battery life.
Medium power saving: Extend battery life by limiting some functions.
Maximum power saving: Save as much battery as possible.
You can also turn on Adaptive power saving to automatically set the power mode based on your usage patterns.

0 Likes