Original topic:

Tab A T510 Forgot Password - What can I do?

(Topic created on: 03-13-2021 07:37 AM)
WalkE
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

Hello,

I have a Tab A T510. I don't recall setting up a password when I first got it. I use the swipe feature to open it.

I did the update last Friday. When it finished, I was asked for a password to get back on. I have tried every password I can think of and have had no luck. I was able to log onto the Samsung website and tried to do an unlock, but apparently my remote unlock wasn't activated. I am very surprised there is no "Forgot password" feature, as there is on my other devices. Even when trying to power it off or do a restart I am asked for a password.

I contacted support by chat and by text. On one I was basically told nothing can be done. On the other I was told it could be sent in and recovered for a fee. I am surprised there is not an easier option. 

Any help with this appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

So, this mean you try to unlock with https://findmymobile.samsung.com/#home

If you can't from there i think it could be sent in and recovered for a fee. You need the box and the receipt to proove it's your's

Wait for other people solution 

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi WalkE, you could remotely unlock your mobile device by using the Find My Mobile feature only if the device is powered on, the device connected to Wi-fi or mobile data and the remote unlock option is enabled. I suggest you to get the device examined by an authorized technician. Please note that due to Government COVID regulations, most of the service centers would be operating with curbside pick up/drop off or non-functional depending on the locality. Please contact the live chat by using the link below and they help you set up the service.

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
Tablets
Hi keagan, you missed his sentance

but apparently my remote unlock wasn't activated

That means he cannot unlock the device through Find my mobile.
0 Likes
WalkE
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Hi Keagan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried the remote unlock feature, but it wasn't previously activated, so no luck there. I'm astounded that my only recourse may be to send it in to a service center for a fee - after all this resulted from me doing an update, everything was fine prior to that. All of my other devices have a "forgot password" feature, where this is an easy fix. 

Eric

0 Likes
Congelador
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I have the same problem, I wish there were another way...

0 Likes