Original topic:

Tab s3 deemed “irreparable” by authorized repair shop

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 09:43 AM)
CM3
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

My tablet just celebrated its 3rd birthday, with a visit to authorized repair shop “ibreakufix”. The motherboard is the issue and they have declared the device irreparable, since the cost of repair is more than a replacement. They asked if I would like them to recycle the device on my behalf since it’s garbage now, and will happily provide a report on their findings. 

I called Samsung. They told me that they could certainly repair a motherboard and I would just need to send it to them. The catch? They will not give me a cost estimate, and if I refuse the repair when they tell me it will cost more than a replacement device, they will charge me $55.

We have, and have had, several Samsung devices that I have loved. I’ve never seen a technological device die within three years, and an issue like the motherboard, which is completely out of my control, make a gently used tablet ripe for landfill. 

Samsung, I urge you to be transparent with your repair practices. I waited on hold for a manager for over 30 mins last night. Making people wait does not make them go away. I would like to enter a transparent transaction with you, with an upper maximum quote for repairs before I send you anything. Your authorized repair shop is ready and willing to provide you with their report, it should not be hard for you to honour your customer’s request in this situation. 

I look forward to your response. 

1 Comment
Valeriya
Options
Tablets

Hi CM3, we certainly understand your requirements. However, the repair estimate can be determined after a physical diagnosis of the phone by the technician.

0 Likes