Original topic:

Tab S5E, OneUI 2.0, dark mode and google assistant

(Topic created on: 08-19-2020 09:28 AM)
Malechai
Active Level 4
Options
Tablets
Hi all, looking for some confirmation from others regarding dark mode and the google assistant.  I just noticed that the assistant isn't fully obeying dark mode. I'll attach some pictures to show what i mean. The text is black on black background when opening the assistant by holding home and the "updates" page is just straight up white.  

I've tried a bunch of things to fix it such as
  • clearing cache for google and google play services apps
  • uninstalling updates for google and google play services apps and reinstalling
  • turning on white mode then switch back to dark mode
  • forcing dark mode in the google app itself
  • trying the google app beta
  • etc
Nothing seems to fix it.  I'll be honest I've even went as far as a factory reset and that didn't fix it either.  It seems to be like this right after the reset with no updates installed.

Just wondering if anyone else has this behavior?   Did you fix it? if so, how?

thank you

0 Likes
2 Comments
Rebekka
Options
Tablets

Hi Malechai,

It is normal and no issue with the device. There might be compatibility issues with it.

0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
ok so I figured out what it is and it's a weird one. dark mode breaks in the Google Assistant and the Snapshot page (pictured in first post) depending on your screen zoom in settings.

On my tab S5e, with the screen zoom setting on any of the first 3 dots from the left, dark mode is broken. On the last 2 dots, it's fine. How can this be reported to samsung for fixing?

See attached screenshots for examples. Note the black on black text in Assistant that reads "Hi, how can I help?" and then obviously the entire Snapshot page. First set was at 4th dot screen zoom, 2nd set at
2nd dot.
Screenshot_20201018-235332_Google.jpgScreenshot_20201018-235321_Google.jpgScreenshot_20201018-235251_Google.jpgScreenshot_20201018-235236_Google.jpg
0 Likes