Original topic:

Tab S6 fingerprint really bad

(Topic created on: 09-06-2019 10:03 AM)
Gratho
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

You can add fingerprints just fine but after they are registered if you check them or try to use them the accuracy is only about 10%. Ninety percent of the time it will report "No match" even right after adding one properly. The thumb recognition rate is even worse than fingers. I turned it off completely as a rate that low is too much trouble and PIN or password is more secure anyway. It works fine on my S10+ but the Tab S6 has real trouble.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Maybe you need update ? You're the first one that complain about fingerprint on 3 Samsung Forum i'm following, maybe your tablet have a problem ? Did you put a screen protector on it ?
Check this :
https://youtu.be/RqJ9u4zsTTI
0 Likes
Gratho
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

No screen protector and all software/firmware is up to date. It adds fingerprints with no problems but can only verify them about 10% of the time, less for a thumbprint. Everything else about the tablet is great. If there's a hardware problem with the reader I would expect it to fail when adding new prints, not just when verifying them. And if it a hardware problem I guess I'm stuck with it. Samsung hasn't, in my experience, been a very good supporter of their customers.

0 Likes
Darkhuman
Active Level 4
Tablets
I don't know what you're talking about I have the tab S6 and the fingerprint Works amazing it's even faster than my s10 +
0 Likes
Gratho
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I too have an S10+ and it works perfectly but my Tab S6 fingerprint reader can only read fingerprints to register them. Once registered it will rarely verify them. The "Check added fingerprints" function only occasionally reports a match. The vast majority of the time the result is "No match" even right after the successful registration. I guess I got a bad tablet but I doubt Samsung would be interested. I can live without the fingerprint "feature".

0 Likes
Darkhuman
Active Level 4
Tablets
for me it works every time I place my finger it unlocks
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
if you just bought it exchange it for a new one
0 Likes