Original topic:

Tab S7+ Can't launch recovery mode

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 12:28 PM)
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Options
Tablets
Looking to clear the cache partition for regular hygiene. Can't for the life of me get this device into recovery mode.

The hard keys all work. I can get it into Safe mode with pwr+volume down on boot... no joy on pwr+vol up on boot.

Anyone know what gives? It just goes through the regular boot up process.

It's updated with latest 3.1

54 Comments
Mich72
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I had same problem, also not a working pc but I had a usb c to usb c cable to connect tablet with phone.,when it asked what program to use I choose smartswitch than close program. Dont transfer data. With usb settings choose charge tablet. Then I did the steps in comment above. Shut down.  Connect with phone instead pc. Wait when it shows charging than power - volume down and it did start recovery menu.

Offtop
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

just confirming this worked for me as well even using a non Samsung phone. Directions as above but change USB transfer options via developer menu before connecting phone to tablet

0 Likes
Tablets

Hey there, hope I'm not too late but I got it figured out by sheer chance. 

Have your device connected to a PC, I allowed file access on mine but not sure whether it's important or not. 

then power off your tablet completely while still connecting to your PC, do this sequence: 

short press vol+, short press vol-, press and hold vol+ and power till you see recovery mode. 

edit: The sequence is not needed, just press and hold vol+ and power. 

I also tried the same sequence without connecting the tablet to anything, seems not working that way. I'm not sure whether it has to be a PC or it just needs to see power. 

I stumbled on it while doing a force reboot on my iPhone X and it needed a fancy sequence like this (since there's no home key anymore), and figured to give it a try on my tablet as well. 

edit: My bad, I wasn't testing it thoroughly.

Basically, as Fluchtachterl said, once the power percentage animation finishes, press and hold vol+ and power will do the trick. The fancy sequence I did happens to match up the timing so it's just a fluke.

I believe you do need to be connected to a PC for this to work, plugging into a charger didn't work for me. 

0 Likes
Akashdeep25
Active Level 1
Tablets
I will try this
0 Likes
Akashdeep25
Active Level 1
Tablets
Have you able to enter into recovery mode? Because I can't get into it
0 Likes
yug1813
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Faced a similar kind of issue on Galaxy Tab A7. Tried a solution mentioned in the comments and it worked for me.

Connected tab to laptop via USB and then did the power + vol up step. 
This is weird and I believe Samsung should officially document this case and also explain why it is so.

0 Likes
rvcjew
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Yup, as of last update they require the pc attached (shows power symbol in a yellow triangle) before the normal keys will work at all. This is stupid and I sent a bug report from members app. Everyone should do this to show them this is in impractical and serves no purpose. The time you actually need the menu you may be miles from a pc.  This is on a XAR WIFI BUJ3 S7+

OnionKing
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

yes, confirmed. currently have to be connected to a computer in order to log into recovery mode. probably some sort of safety feature Samsung implemented. 

0 Likes
Sueb61
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

My tablet  is the same no matter how I try the table will not boot into recovery mode. Just boots up as normal 

0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
any updates?
0 Likes