Original topic:

Tab S7+ Can't launch recovery mode

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 05:52 AM)
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Options
Tablets
Looking to clear the cache partition for regular hygiene. Can't for the life of me get this device into recovery mode.

The hard keys all work. I can get it into Safe mode with pwr+volume down on boot... no joy on pwr+vol up on boot.

Anyone know what gives? It just goes through the regular boot up process.

It's updated with latest 3.1

54 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Tablets
Interesting - Does the self check show issues with both Vol up and Vol down? The reason I ask, is that when I can boot into safe mode (Pwr+Vol Down)... so it's as if only the Vol Up key is not registering on boot.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Tablets
I also can't boot into safe mode on mine.
Automatic checks say everything is ok but manual checks say a problem
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Tablets
@Ray2 - I just tried the HardKey check on the self help, and my hard keys (vol up/down and side key) are checking out as functional
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Tablets

@Fatwa  I just managed to wipe the cache from information that I found on the internet from a post from somebody in the US with the same problem that found a way around this. Unfortunately it won't help you if you don't have a computer anymore.

You need a computer which possibly has to have Smart Switch installed on it which is not confirmed but in my case is and connect your computer to your tablet using your usb cable and charging the tablet and then from the shut off state hold your side key-volume up combination as normally and it worked for me anyways

No idea why charging from a computer would make a difference because I tried multiple times charging from the normal power charger with no luck

Tablets
This is definitely a new issue with 3.1 because I have the same problem since the update. I'm a heavy power user on my tab s7 plus so I regularly wipe the partition cache and since the update I'm unable to access it
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Tablets
Great thanks... so now we have 3 confirmed users with this issue since 3.1
Halston
Options
Tablets

Hi Fatwa,

We are taking this as feedback and we have forwarded this to our team for further review.

oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
pardon my frankness.

feedback isn't escalation and problem resolution, it's rather information about reactions to a product, a team's performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis for improvement. it doesn't attack the problem.

0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
make that 4 with moi.

Greatdad23
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I have same problem to start my Tablet S7+ to Recovery Mode after update Android 11 and UI 3.1.