Original topic:

Tab S8 Plus... I'm one of the lucky ones.

(Topic created on: 03-13-2022 02:47 PM)
Vic20
Active Level 10
Options
Tablets
So after using the tablet for a while, I see Android tablets have come a long way. Never was into them as they felt like oversized phones. But now using Dex and tablet form, it's a nice light hybrid solution. The Ultra was too big for my purposes and the regular was a bit small. The plus seems to hit the right size for me. Working off the tablet has been a joy especially when paired up with different accessories I have acquired for it.

It's a good multimedia device and can handle light work. Can't say how well it games as I play casual games and having them open in multiwindow is fun as I play and work at the same time. LOL Battery life has been fantasic for the most part. Lasting 1 day without charging (only because it's majority light work and not too heavy). Mainly emailing, web browsing, articles, etc. For this purpose, it's definitely a good tablet.

I use it more than my PC now (which in all honesty saves on my electrical bill too 😛 ). It handles multimedia well and speakers are nice.

I can get basic work done without any issues. Can hook it up to my monitor for a larger screen if needed. I can work with this anywhere in the home and don't have to be tied to the desk. It's a fun tablet.

Now the only downfalls with the tablet are:
1) Screen brightness: not the best and will not perform well in bright outdoor sunlight. It just can't handle it.
2) No access to recovery console directly from the tablet. Unfortunately, not sure what happened here, but Samsung seems to have removed or broke something with their tablet line in regards to this. Only workaround now is have it plugged to a PC to get it to boot into recovery.

Just a quick list of the accesories I have attached:
1) Spigen GLAS.tR
2) UAG Metropolis SE folio case
3) Royal Kludge RK61 - 61 key 60% mechanical keyboard with brown switches - keycaps is a mix of Mionix, OEM and Coolermaster
4) Fiio Q5s TC DAC/AMP with ATH-MSR7b headphones using 2.5mm balanced output
5) Dockcase USB 7 in 1 smart hub 100w PD - this is literrally a monster hub... first hub I've seen that has a display and user has access to a control panel to configure the hub
6) Anker 65w PD/PPS charger - can do super fast charging from the hub to tablet

Overall, quite happy with it. Will do short reviews of the above listed accessories later if anyone interested,.
4 Comments
Tablets
Nice quick review. I think if you want brighter screen in outdoor, battery light will be a drawback. My Samsung laptop works great under outdoor sunlight, but battery goes very fast due to max screen brightness.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
Yep true. I don't use it outdoors and it's still good for indoor practical use. Just don't expect it to work well in bright sunlight (which some users do no doubt). Something that may have to be considered when making a decision.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Tablets
Nice bro. I received my Tab S8 Ultra and I seriously love it!

I can't wait to receive the keyboard case to be able to use it to its full extent with Dex and all.

I only use it for multimedia right now and for some games.

Seems like the Google Stadia Pro isn't optimized for this Tab yet though.

But I'm running some emulators on this Tab for Ps1 and Ps2. Games run without issues and without lag.

Some games that I had lagged before on my Z fold 3 or on my current S21 Ultra but does not on my Tab. It's a beast!
Helenna
Options
Tablets

Hi Vic20, Thank you for sharing this with our Samsung Community Members.

We consider it as a feedback.

0 Likes