Original topic:

Unable to print password protected pdf from galaxy tab s8

(Topic created on: 03-17-2023 07:37 AM)
Windybuffs
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

I cannot print password protected pdf's from my Galaxy tab s8 (nor edit them for that matter). It means I have to do this from my PC which isn't always convenient.  I get an  error message saying the document cannot be printed because it is password protected.

Can anyone offer any help about this problem? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets
You need disable password protection
Tablets
The password protection is on pdf file itself. If the file has restriction on printing, either you need to obtain password from document owner to disable protection or ask the document owner allow you to print. It is not device problem.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Tablets

Thank you Tallman.

Hi, as suggested by Tallman the password protection is on pdf file.

If you are unable to on printing, we request you to contact the document owner once to disable the protection or give you the permission to print.

0 Likes
Windybuffs
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Thank you for your responses. I can print and comment on other pdf's which are not password protected. I can also print the password protected pdf from my android phone withoutanyissues. This is only a problem on my tablet. I have the password so I can open / read the document. The properties option is not available when the pdf is open, so I cannot disable the protection.

If you have any 9ther advice, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

0 Likes
Windybuffs
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

In case anyone else has this issue, I managed to find a solution to my problem yesterday. I did seek advice from Samsung tech support, but they weren't able to help. So, this is how I "fixed" my issue:

If you wish to add comments to, or print a password protected pdf, once you have opened it in Adobe, upload the file to Google Drive, and from there you will be able to add comments, print the file, and so on.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes