Original topic:

Updated: Samsung refund issue

(Topic created on: 09-15-2022 09:52 AM)
bcki2
Beginner Level 4
Options
Tablets

Today: September 15th, it's been a month and a half.
The refund issue still not resolve. I called, post messages, chated it.
Cusomer service said "My issue was escaltted and it will be resolved shortly" I have got the always same answer.
But this was all useless and pointless. I guess Samsung simply DOES NOT CARE for the customers  or they do not have a system to refund efficiently or people who don't have the skills to deal with it

On recent(Sep 12) call with customer service, they just told me that my issue is "NOW" escaltted it and I have to wait more. Seriously? They were being lied all the time. This is insane, this is by far the most TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE and by far the WORST ONLINE SHOPPING experience in my entire life.
Samsung is that how you deal with your customer?

Original Post:

09-09-2022 01:13 PM in 

Tablets

I am tired to call customer support every week to follow my case. I ordered Samsung Tap A7 lite through the online and live chat to cancel it on same day Aug 5th, customer support told me it will takes 24-48 hours to cancel and in case of delivery, customer support told me just refuse the delivery and it will get cancel and I will get a refund. The product shipped anyways on 8th of Aug and retuned back to Samsung warehouse on Aug 13th.

I did not even received product, it just returning back to Samsung warehouse on Aug 13th. I called Samsung for refund and customer support told me to wait 3-4 business days. I waited. No email confirmation, No refund. Nothing!

It's been  2weeks already and I still don't get my refund yet. I still called and live chatted and the response is always the same I HAVE TO WAIT 4-5 business days and it will takes time to refund because of high on demand? 

If you want to buy a Samsung product DO NOT BUY from Samsung.com, buy it from Amzon.ca.  

Up date..

Reply from Samsung:

‎08-26-2022 04:05 PM in

Tablets
Hi, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and will make sure it doesn't happen again.
I can understand how frustrating that must be.
If I had been in your situation, I would have been frustrated too.
I can understand your situation but we would like to inform you that usually, the refund process takes 17-23 business days.

We kindly request you to wait for a few days.
And just to confirm, did you check with your bank ?

17-23 days?

Today is Sep 09 2022

As of today, it's been a more than a month now.

First they toll me, it took 2-3days get cancel and refund, next call 7 - 15days and now 17 -23 days?

What's next Samsung? one month to two month to get refund???

0 Likes
6 Comments
Tablets
Hey there @bcki2 first of all as a Samsung Ambassador and on behalf of Samsung I would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences you have dealt with.

I also wanted to share that I have also dealt with a very similar issue just a few weeks ago....and was just resolved last week.
I preordered a Galaxy watch 5 and then requested to cancel it the very next day.
Weeks and weeks went by and the only answer I got was "it has been escalated"
Watch was also shipped too as they did not get the cancellation in time even though it was less than 24 hrs.

Eventually I spoke to an agent and everything was done, I received the cancellation confirmation email, and I got a refund a few days after. The agent also explained to me how their process works.

So on chat, they only have an option of "assigning" the task to the right team which in their terms is called escalating. This is the only thing the front line chat agents are able to do. Sometimes it takes a REALLY LONG TIME for them to receive it.
I can assure you that you will get your refund but it will take some time.
Instead of contacting them via chat, I would give them a call, as they are much more helpful and have access to more information. It was when I was finally speaking to an agent over the phone who was able to finally cancel the order and got the email minutes later. This was the same agent who explained their process for me

I know there is lots of room for improvement but you just have to be a bit patient and the refund will get to you.

I am still waiting for another refund on a price adjustment on the Galaxy Smart Tag. Been over a month but I know I'll get the refund eventually.

So this goes to show you are not the only one going through this. It also happens to Ambassadors EVEN Samsung staff such as the agent I was speaking too.

I know the wait times can be long to speak to someone, but it will get you the most up to date information.
Tablets
Wow, right at 11:11 😯 if that ain't a sign I don't know what else is!
Helenna
Options
Tablets

Hi, we sincerely apologize for the experience you have had with your refund.

We kindly request you to wait as our team has already forwarded to the right team, they will reach out to you and will resolve your issue very soon.

We really hope that you'll get your refund as soon as possible.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you SnowCat19, for your detailed explaination and also we apologize to you too for the experience you have had. 

EddiePaul
Active Level 1
Tablets
samsung cs is below par
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Just some friendly advise, in the future never refuse delivery. Get it and then return without opening. But do not ever refuse.
0 Likes
ugurtan
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

Same here, i was told to refuse the delivery and now it has been over a month and i keep being told that this has been escalated.

By far the worst online shopping experience ever. I feel like I'm scammed..