TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Organizer: This Program is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (“Samsung”).
- Samsung’s server is the official time-keeping device for this Program. Samsung reserves the right to amend or extend the duration or any particular of this Program at any time as they deem fit without any prior notice
- The Samsung Members Stars Workshop is a complimentary program for Samsung Members to attend and enhance their knowledge on Samsung-related products and services.
- The Workshop will run as per below schedule:
No. of Pax
SESL Gurney Plaza
24 November 2023
2 – 3pm
4 – 5pm
10 pax per session
SESL Pavilion KL
3 December 2023
2 – 3pm
4 – 5pm
SESL IOI City Putrajaya
Transition videos 101
*Sessions are limited to 10 pax, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligibility. The Program is open to individuals who:
- Are residents of Malaysia, 18 years of age and above (as of 24 November 2023 as stated in their NRIC). Individuals below the age of 18 are allowed to participate provided they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian;
- Have registered for a valid Samsung Account ID and uses Samsung Members. Samsung Accounts are free, but subject to Terms and Conditions. If you do not have a Samsung Account, visit account.samsung.com and follow the links and instructions to create an account;
(Hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Participant(s)”)
- By participating in this Program, each Eligible Participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- Participation Mechanism:
- To participate, an Eligible Participant must:
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Samsung Members Stars Workshop program.
- Fill up the form in the Members App.
- Once completed, the Eligible Participant will proceed with the ‘Register me now’ button.
- The Eligible Participant will then be contacted to confirm their RSVP.
- To participate, an Eligible Participant must:
- Samsung reserves the right at its discretion to approve or reject any submission and/or details submitted to Samsung which are not legible and fraudulent. For the avoidance of doubt, Samsung reserves the right, as it deems fit to determine if the supporting details are sufficiently legible and/or genuine.
- Samsung shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation of the Program.
- By participating in this Program, each Eligible Participant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each Eligible Participant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by push message via Samsung Members, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the Eligible Participant or posting notices in such manner specified herein. Each Eligible Participant consents to receiving electronically, all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to the Program. Notwithstanding any provisions herein, each Eligible Participant acknowledges that Samsung have the discretion, but is not obliged, to contact the Eligible Participant via other reasonable means or mode of communication as they deem fit.
- Each Eligible Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this Program; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Program and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this Program. Each Eligible Participant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
- In connection with this Program and/or Samsung products;
- For the promotion and publicity of this Program and/or Samsung products;
- In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram; at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each Eligible Participant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
- In the event of any dispute arising from this Program or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to this Program shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
- If this Program is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung’s control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- To disqualify any Eligible Participant; or
- To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Program, as appropriate.
- Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Members application or its web services and will not be held responsible for any interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this Program.
- Each Participant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this Program.
- Each Eligible Participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this Program.
- Samsung reserves the right to use any personal data of Eligible Participants in any manner as mentioned above and/or for any purpose they deem fit for the purposes of this Program and the Eligible Participants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
- The decision of Samsung in relation to every aspect of this Program, including but not limited to the Eligible Participants shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstances and no appeal or complaint from any Eligible Participant will be entertained.
- Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Program with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Samsung shall not entitle the Eligible Participant to any claim or compensation against Samsung for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each Eligible Participant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.