Original topic:

TV Drops WiFi Connection after Properly Connecting

(Topic created on: 04-30-2021 04:48 AM)
Razzer15
Beginner Level 2
Options
Themes

Hello, we have been having issues with our Samsung UN75TU8000FXZC TV, running software version T-NKLAKUC-1406.9, BT-S, maintaining a connection to our WiFi.  We don't use the network piece all that often but in the last few weeks, we've tried a couple of times only to find that the WiFi network connection has been lost and cannot be reestablished without excessive effort on our part.  

Resetting the router alone does not fix the issue but resetting both the router and the TV (and holding my nose just so) seems to re-enable the network connection.  I've tried to 'forget' the WiFi network and re-enter it, which, surprisingly, does not work.

Now, the part that will hopefully aid Samsung is preventing/correcting this issue.  We were running on Bell Fibe 500 for several months and had no issues.  We then upgraded to Bell Fibe 1G, which required upgrading to their HomeHub 3000 router, which has an 'interesting' 'smart' 'optimization' feature that manages how the WiFi signals/connections (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) are allocated throughout the house based on usage, etc.  The TV is wall mounted and sits about 1m above the main 4K TV box, which is the closest one to the HomeHub 3000 router.

I believe that the WiFi transceiver in the TV may be expecting a fixed WiFi connection (always the same one) and the HomeHub is not maintaining the IP lease that the TV thinks it has on the 'assigned' WiFi channel/frequency and is actively refusing the TV connection and the TV is not able to renegotiate a new connection.

I turned off the whole home WiFi this morning, reset the TV and modem and finally got a new active network connection between the TV and the Bell WiFi.  As much as this is caused by the router upgrade we completed, the driver for the Samsung's TV WiFi transceiver *should* be able to handle the fact that it will not always have the same WiFi credentials.  None of our other devices have any issues so I believe there is also a 'bug' in the WiFi driver on the Samsung TV that should be corrected.

For your consideration.

0 Likes
2 Comments
Halston
Options
Themes

Hi Razzer15,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada community.
If your TV is not able to detect your network or any networks, there are a few things to check to determine if the issue is with your TV or with your network equipment.
If at any point you need assistance with configuring settings on your router, contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router.
See if your TV detects any Wi-Fi networks.
•Navigate to Settings > General > Network > Network Settings > Wireless and see if your network is listed.
•If your network is not listed, but you see other networks listed, then you know the wireless card in the TV is working.
•Network names can be anything from the name of the router manufacturer like "Netgear356" to the name of a family member or a cartoon character.
•In some cases it may even be written on the bottom of your router.
•If you do not know what your network name is, you should contact your internet service provider (ISP) to verify the name of your Wi-Fi network and the password.
•If there are no network names listed at all, check out TV will not connect to the internet for more troubleshooting.

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi
•The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be.
•If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak.
•Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.
•If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect less devices.
•Try connecting to the network again.

Try detecting a hotspot.
•If a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and check if the TV sees it.
•Note: If the TV can detect any other networks, the issue is with the network that is not being detected.
•Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Themes
@Razzer15 one quick fix that I have tried and works is to hold down the power button on the TV remote until the TV reboots
0 Likes