Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Set time for washing machine

(Topic created on: 11-06-2022 09:34 PM)
choup
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tips & Tricks

My washing machine delayed end function relies on setting the time at which I wish the load to finish (i.e. I need to select end at 10.45pm). With the start of daylight savings, the clock of the washing machine is out of sync with the actual time. So when I think my laundry will finish at say 6pm when I get home from work, it actually finishes at 7pm. 

I cannot find anywhere how to adjust the time. Surely it can't be that hard? Anyone can help? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
choup
Beginner Level 2
Tips & Tricks
Not in the manual! But I've figured out that if you do a calibration I think it resets to correct time.
In case someone else is looking for this answer one day.

View solution in context

14 Comments
Tips & Tricks
I'd imagine this would be in the manual. If you've lost your manual, you can go to the Samsung website and type in your model. It should be there.
Solution
choup
Beginner Level 2
Tips & Tricks
Not in the manual! But I've figured out that if you do a calibration I think it resets to correct time.
In case someone else is looking for this answer one day.
Tips & Tricks
Thanks for updating and letting everyone know!
Tips & Tricks
Is it a Smart washing machine? If so, could load up into SmartThings and use this app to play with the settings.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082522/
PapaLazarou
Beginner Level 3
Tips & Tricks

It's not very Smart, connected to the internet that a basic thing like a time change throws it out of whack, 

Job7
Beginner Level 3
Tips & Tricks

Is there a way to verify the internal clock? 
I found that a bit odd that DST changes aren’t treated correctly, especially when the machine is connected to WIFI? 
There is nothing in the manual, there is nothing in the iPhone app that concerning the internal clock. 
I did the calibration as recommended and the clock is up to date now. 

0 Likes
SteveP-UK
Beginner Level 2
Tips & Tricks

Hi! Just bought my new Smart Washing Machine. The timer for delayed end IS an hour out on mine. Was there a definitive answer to how to change the internal clock? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Steve

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Tips & Tricks

Hey @SteveP-UK 

Could you please have a look at this article here

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
GermanKiwi
Beginner Level 2
Tips & Tricks

Hi @, the article you've linked to above does not say anything about how to adjust the clock for daylight savings on Samsung washing machines, which is the question Steve was asking.

Can you please provide an actual answer to the question? Or alternatively ask the Samsung developers to provide a firmware fix to the washing machines which fixes this obvious bug?

It should be that the washing machines pick up the time from the SmartThings app and therefore adjust to daylight savings time, but currently this does not happen.