Did you mean: 

Original topic:

7 ways to capture your summer

(Topic created on: 01-23-2023 10:52 AM)
Samsung_Tahnee
Options
Tips

Hey Members 👋

This summer, Aotearoa has blessed us with such beautiful weather that we’d hate for you to miss out on the perfect photo opportunity!

Here’s how to take the best summer pics with your Galaxy phone! Feel free to join the conversation and comment with your favourite tip for getting your picture-perfect shot!

1. Use gridlines

capture-photo-grid-line.png

This tool is extremely helpful for achieving the perfect composition in your photos. Here’s how to switch on your grid lines:

1. Launch the Camera app.
  2. Tap on Settings.
  3. Toggle on Grid lines.
  4. You will then be able to use the Grid lines to help proportion your picture.

2. Time to focus 

014_lifestyle_galaxys22ultra_phantomwhite.jpg

Although it seems apparent, this advice is simple to overlook when you're in the moment. Ensure that your subject or model is in focus and take advantage of your Galaxy's camera capabilities.

3. Use HDR mode

hdr.png

HDR mode allows you to capture more detail and light in your photos. To enable HDR, go to your camera's settings and select the Auto HDR mode.

4. Use natural light

037_lifestyle_galaxy_zflip4_pinkgold.jpg

Let's make the most of New Zealand's stunning weather and lighting while it's summer. Consider timing your shots during the golden hour if you enjoy photographing portraits or sunsets. The prime time is from 6:19 until 6:55. (AM and PM). With the ideal exposure balance, you'll see softer lighting in your photographs with a golden glow.

5. Embrace negative space

018_lifestyle_galaxys22ultra_phantomwhite.jpg

There’s always a positive when using negative space. Negative space is the empty space around your subjects, which can help you enhance your shots. Negative space improves your photo by allowing your subject to stand out and become the main focus of your shot.

6. Change your perspective

044_lifestyle_galaxy_zflip4_blue.jpg

Make your shots stand out from the rest by taking them from unique angles. Get creative and see things differently!

7. It’s the small things

Samsung-Galaxy-S21-Ultra-30x-zoom-1536x864.jpg.png

Fortunately, the excellent zoom of the Galaxy allows you to take pictures of the smaller details. Use this to your advantage and explore your surroundings for textures and patterns.

Happy snapping Members 📸

13 Comments
lazydog007
Active Level 1
Tips
Thank
0 Likes
Swheat1
Beginner Level 2
Tips
Where do I find the HDR mode?
0 Likes
Tips
In newer phones HDR is set automatically. If you want to turn it off, you can use raw mode. Otherwise your Sansung phone is already optimised
0 Likes
Swheat1
Beginner Level 2
Tips
Thank you
0 Likes
NananSnaps
Beginner Level 5
Tips
Wow thank you!
0 Likes
Anwot
Beginner Level 2
Tips
Ready steady snap , theres a lock on feature on the camera that finds the perfect snapshot ❤️
0 Likes
Anwot
Beginner Level 2
Tips
This is panorama its perfect 20230122_163749_5829_1674358686.jpg
0 Likes
Anwot
Beginner Level 2
Tips
Tbh the samsung s10 camera helps me create content by capturing the perfect views for my platforms. It helps me capture what my eyes can see perfectly so i can share it with the world
0 Likes
Tips
Play with the zoom and see the difference between super wide angle and telephoto zoom to get really diffent shots 20230118_203205_1000003780_1674027126.jpg20230118_202451_1000003779_1674026693.jpg
0 Likes