Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wiping your cache partition

(Topic created on: 10-15-2019 08:32 AM)
THE_GEEK_19
Active Level 5
Options
Tips
Hey guys, hope y'all are enjoying this beta test as much as I am. 

I've been reading through this forum and found a few bugs that you guys have been reporting that can most likely be fixed by performing a cache wipe. Now, this may sound like something that will wipe your whole device, maybe even your house, just kidding, but it is actually harmless to your personal data. A cache wipe basically wipes temporary files created by your phone in order to launch apps quickly. Once you've wiped, apps may seem to load a little slower. But do not worry! This will only happen once as cache data will be rewritten once you've opened the app!

Now, to the steps:

1. Power off your device FULLY.
2. Press and hold volume up, Bixby, and power until the Galaxy S10 logo shows up on your display.
3. Release ONLY the power button once the Galaxy S10 logo shows up. 
4. Once you see a recovery menu, you can release all the buttons.
5. Using your volume keys, scroll down to Wipe Cache Data/Wipe Cache Partition and select that option using the power button.
6. Again, using your volume keys, scroll to Yes, and select it using the power button.
7. Once the wipe is complete, it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds, you can go ahead and select Reboot System Now.
8. Enjoy your smoother device! 

As always, this is a BETA so there is bound to be many bugs that cannot be fixed simply by wiping the cache partition. Some bugs require a full data wipe. So please, always keep your data backed up and up to date!!!!

As always, hope you guys enjoy!

Nick
6 Comments
THE_GEEK_19
Active Level 5
Tips
you're right, my bad. got used to messing around with my S6 edge and I had switched them in the kernel lmao. thanks for pointing that out! it is now fixed
0 Likes
dillont
Active Level 4
Tips
This automatically happens each time you install a new firmware or update
milkmaker
Active Level 4
Tips
Basically.. That's what the begenning of the optimizing app indicates
0 Likes
THE_GEEK_19
Active Level 5
Tips
Yes, but issues may arise right after installing while it creates cache data again. Which is why we do cache wipes.
0 Likes
MasterFluff
Active Level 2
Tips
For major software upgrades, the gold standard is still factory reset. haven't gotten around to it yet, but if I see several app crashes or wake locks, that's probably what I'll do.
SamsungUSABetaTeam
Community Manager
Options
Tips

Thank You for the valuable tip. we appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

0 Likes