Original topic:

2020 QLED audio issues still not fixed in 2014.1 firmware

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 09:45 AM)
Ozymandias-1
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

Hello, I have a 2020 QLED TV and have had the same issue since day one. Numerous firmware updates, including the latest 2014.1 have failed to address the issue.

The issue being, if I connect my Blu ray player for instance, to the TV/One connect box directly, the audio sent via ARC/eARC to the sound bar is downgraded to 2ch PCM. In order to acquire Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-x or ATMOS I have to connect the BRP directly to the sound bar. That works BUT the sound bar only allows 4K@60fps, whereas connecting to the TV directly would allow 4K@120fps, a vast improvement. But unfortunately, the audio is then downgraded to 2ch PCM & the 'passthrough' option does nothing whether enabled or not, even with eARC enabled/disabled. (Yes, sound bar does have eARC).

Calling Samsung support, their response was "Well, just plug your BRP into your sound bar." Yes, but it should work through the $6,000 TV to take advantage of the 4K@120fps.

Surely, this is not a difficult issue to resolve with a firmware update? Why has the issue not been resolved? I've had many Samsung TV's but I'm seriously considering turning to LG, Sony or Panasonic.

1 Comment
SamsungJon
Options
TV & Audio

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue, @Ozymandias-1. Would you be able to provide the model number of your TV, soundbar and Blu ray Player so that I can investigate this further? Thank you.