Original topic:

Hazy White Light Background around the picture

(Topic created on: 01-24-2023 03:00 PM)
VR-Y2022
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

Reaching out to check if anyone here seeing similar backlighting (white trapezoidal background) with the Freestyle Projector. Wondering if this is normal or is an issue. Apparently Samsung tech support doesn't seem to know how to classify this. I had to ship my projector to Samsung Repair and when it was returned saying they have replaced a part to fix the issue the projector still had the same issue.  They have asked me to send it again to check why the part replacement did not fix the issue. 

Not sure if this normal, I don't think so because the viewing experience is really bad if you get those hazy white background around your picture on the wall. 

This is really much pronounced when projecting at an angle to the wall. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

30 Comments
Tunsho
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

I have the same issue as well . No one seems to have an answer for this . Looks like @samsung are ignoring the community threads !

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @VR-Y2022

I am really sorry that you are having this issue.
I'd really like to look into this for you.
If you could send an email through to members.au@samsung.com with the below details, I will have this issue escalated for you.

Subject: SamsungClaudette – Hazy white background in Freestyle Projector
Body:
Order Number:
Name:
Phone Number:
Email:

Kind regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
PatrickBateman23
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi Claudette can you please help me 

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hey @PatrickBateman23

Thanks for reaching out. Yes I can help you. Can you please elaborate on your issue. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
JsamsungAU
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio
Hi I'm having the same issue was seeing if this was normal because my viewing experience has become awful
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Good afternoon @JsamsungAU

I am sorry that you are having this issue is as well.

I would really like to look into this for you.
If you could send an email through to members.au@samsung.com with the below details, I will have this issue escalated for you.

Subject: SamsungClaudette – Hazy white background in Freestyle Projector
Body:
Order Number:
Name:
Phone Number:
Email:

Kind regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Celesteg
Beginner Level 3
TV & Audio
I'm also having the same issue did it get resolved, it's very frustrating you can't watch anything
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @Celesteg

I am so sorry that you are having this issue. I would really like to look into this for you. If you could send an email with the below information filled out, through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this issue personally escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette - Freestyle Projector Hazy White Light Background around the picture <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community Handle.

Customers Name

Online Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

State

Model

Serial Number

Product Issue

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

Celesteg