Original topic:

How to get your unwanted ads off my TV

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 09:09 PM)
AngryWill
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

Dear Samsung

You have forced an update on my smart TV and now I have to suffer unwanted, irritating ads on a TV I paid thousands of dollars for.  I have hunted through your privacy settings and switched off all your advertisement “choices” that are “to enhance my experience.”  If you want to enhance my experience please release a new firmware upgrade so that I can disable this most-hated feature.  If you can’t correct this, I will have to buy a different TV, and I will do everything thing i can to make sure that every person I know never buys Samsung products and all their forced advertisements ever again.

Kind regards

A very annoyed customer

17 Comments
MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
TV & Audio
Seems silly to make a small increase to profit at the expense of the customer experience and future loyalty sales.
I am seriously looking at their new QN85A 75" TV and upgrading my phone to a new Galaxy or Note series, but their forced adverts in their native phone apps and TV have put my plans on hold.
I have already stopped using their payment app because of adverts (odd choice considering they already make money on fees per transaction? So now they make nothing from me?), and they seem willing to give up thousands of dollars of sales from me for the sake of a few cents from advert revenue?
Samsung_ASwoGli
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio

Samsung is trying to be a Google/Facebook type - Control freaks and feed the masses ads and ads. Samsung should reconsider as  many are not happy with the ads being shoved at them from anywhere at anytime -

VSehj
Active Level 3
TV & Audio
Wow i was planning to buy QN85A
MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
TV & Audio
Yeah, me too. I was looking at the 75" version.

But here is the reply I got when I asked not that long ago and explained this is influencing my decision to purchase both my TV and next phone..

"As you know, customers are not currently able to opt-out of these advertisement. We understand that this is a factor in your purchasing decisions and we respect that.

I would like to say that Samsung does take customer feedback very seriously. We have shared your message with our teams internally so it may be considered."

So yeah... lots considering by their internal teams, but not a lot of action.... shame, I was looking forward to the TV, it looked really good.
sev7en
Active Level 7
TV & Audio
Hello where you are getting that ads?
0 Likes
grandad-George
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio

in my ep guide

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @AngryWill, Samsung is continuously developing and enhancing the experience we provide through our Smart TVs. Samsung currently works with content providers to offer recommendations that seek to help our customers explore the latest content options and services. These recommendations appear alongside other content streaming options only when navigating the Smart TV app menu.

If you would like more information about this, click here:  https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/samsung-smart-tv-sponsored-tiles/

However, we do thank you for your feedback, it has been passed on internally. 

MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
TV & Audio
Hi Laura, can we get some sort of response to all of our feedback regarding the repulsive TV and Native phone app advertising? Can we please be given an answer if Samsung are genuinely taking this negative feedback on board and considering an advertising opt out option, or if they truly believe pursuing these intrusive adverts are worth while at the expense of future and ongoing sales from loyal customers?
As previously mentioned myself, I too want to buy a QN85A 75" and upgrade my phone to a new Galaxy or Note series, but these forced adverts are influencing me not to.
We would like a clear response if all of the negative feedback and bad press is being listened to and an opt out option is on its way, or if we need to look to different brands moving forward?

Thank you.
MarkoMarky
Active Level 3
TV & Audio
Unfortunately it fell on deaf ears... like all of the feedback regarding in app advertising in smasung phones and TVs. Oh well, can only try.