Original topic:

If you purchase from SamSung you would never receive he refund (a true story)

(Topic created on: 10-27-2022 11:15 AM)
Members_WP9C1Ve
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

Hi all,

This is only to warn everyone that if you purchase from Samsung, I wish your product works perfectly fine otherwise you would face the below situation. For the Samsung service managers (if they see this, I don't believe they care!), I would include the detail of my purchase to be sure that it is legit. 

I purchased a TV and soundbar from Samsung on March 17th, 2022 (more than 7 months ago; order number AU220317-69769913). By the end of the March I received a broken TV and I returned it for a replacement (never happened!). I should mention that so far I have called the customer service more than 60 times and more than 10 times I asked to talk to a supervisor or receive a call from the case officer (if there is a case officer); never happened! Finally, they accepted to refund me after probably 55 calls and they have guaranteed that (I have their recorded talk) that I would have refunded by 24th of October (3 days ago). Believe me, noting happened! I called them again and again and asked what is happening; no proper response! Every time, they say we escalate it to the case manager to contact you! Never happened! Even, I asked to talk to a supervisor but the supervisor even denied to answer my call yesterday and rep said the supervisor could say whatever I told you nothing more. 

Dear readers, it is your choice to purchase from Samsung or not but we Australian deserve much better services!

Thanks,

4 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
TV & Audio
Look up the ACCC and your State consumer body. When you make a case include some of the evidence of Samsung's responses and your attempts to resolve as some evidence of a prior effort to resolve needs to be included. I haven't checked but also Google Small Claims Tribunal in case your State has one.
blackonyx
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio
Yes.... Accc is your weapon against non compliance when there is negligence and or ignorance.
Sony corporation is the same... I bought a Sony Xperia blah blah a year ago before I bought my note 20 Ultra.
The Xperia was a very decent phone but the software upgrades where woeful... Sony support are dead set useless as **bleep** on a bull.
I won't go into the details but trust me when I say accc put a bomb under their **bleep**. I sold the phone on FB market place and vowed id never buy another Sony product in my life no matter how funky and awesome there products claim to be....
Big corporations like Samsung, like Sony want you to buy their products but once the consumer has bought the product they care very little about you and the use of their products.
I must say thou Samsung runs rings around Sony.....
But yes.... Sorry to hear about your dilemma but as the previous person has stated... Accc is your only way to move earth when it doesn't want to be moved..... Best of luck....
0 Likes
TV & Audio

Thanks a lot all, it is a shame that we do not have a strong governmental agencies to push the big companies to do the rights, unless we apply for that through ACCC. In the US is other way round and you can sue a company very easily and they are always afraid of losing lots of money in small local courts. Here, I am sure we have such a system. 

I have started to push them through ACCC.

Thanks again

SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that your refund has not been processed. I remember looking into your case earlier last month and seeing it had been escalated to a case manager. I have now reached out to the E-Commerce team for a follow up and will be back in touch when I receive more information. 

0 Likes