Original topic:

Q990C (2023) Q-symphony audio drop outs

(Topic created on: 04-11-2024 11:59 PM)
Members_moksg1e
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

Hi

I have my Q990C soundbar connected to mynew S95D 65" view eArc usin the HDMI cable that came with the sounbar

I am experienceing occasionl soudn drop outs that only last for a second. It mainly happens when steaming content with surround sounr or atmos

as an example I we were watching the new Fallout show on Prime and the sound drop our happened several times

alos happened when watching the last airbender on Netflix

0 Likes
2 Comments
WoodyX
Active Level 4
TV & Audio
That's exactly the same issue I have had for the the last month or two using my S90C 65" with my Q800T soundbar. I certainly think eARC is the culprit. I have just gone through trouble shooting with Support. Hard reset of soundbar would temporarily fix the drop out issue for a few minutes only. In the end they suggested trying to change the Digital Output Audio Format (located under All Settings>Sound>Expert Settings) from Auto to PCM. It appears to have solved the drop out issues for me after watching the tv in various formats. However I have noticed I had to turn the volume up from 24 to 36+ to hear content at the same volume as previously when I have the Sound Output set to "TV + Soundbar (HDMI-eARC)". I am wondering what, if any other affects the change in setting will make going forward.20240412_011157_1000021757_1712854186.jpg
0 Likes
rollo
Active Level 1
TV & Audio
I had the same issue when using 5G WiFi, since changing the soundbar to 2.4G it hasn't had an issue.
0 Likes