Original topic:

"Smart TV Powered by Tizen" Message Displays

(Topic created on: 11-29-2022 05:43 PM)
arc50
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

I have a Samsung AU8000 TV which I purchased in July 2021. Up until a few weeks ago, when I turned the TV on the picture and sound came on immediately. Now if the TV has been turned off overnight and I turn it on a black ink-like fluid flows from the bottom right of the screen, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then a message displays "Smart TV Powered by Tizen", sometimes the picture and sound come on other times the screen goes black again and the message "Smart TV Powered by Tizen" displays 2 or 3 more times. After the above, the TV works perfectly.

If I turn the TV on after being off for a couple of hours the picture and sound come on as normal.

The software version is 2101, I've checked for updates on the TV and the Internet and this is the latest version.

I've done a Factory Reset but it makes no difference.

Is this normal or is the TV failing?

5 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @arc50, that's strange. I suggest sending through your proof of purchase and details to the following email so that I can arrange for Level 2 support from our team. 

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - "Powered by Tizen"

Detail:

Attach proof of purchase

Attach picture of compliance plate

Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

8am - 5pm

State of residence

Model

Serial Number

Product Issue

Trouble Shooting so far

• Cold reboot
  • Software update
  • Factory Reset

0 Likes
arc50
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

There was a problem with the television and Samsung gave me a full refund in the form of a store credit, It was out of warranty but it was only 14 months old.

0 Likes
Sunshinegal
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Crystal. I was watching tv and it just went black and the “Smart TV Powered by Tizen” is coming and going. I changed the batteries in my remote and unplugged all night also tried the reset button but still doing the same thing…

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @Sunshinegal

I am sorry that you are also having this issue. I would like to look into this for you. If you could send an email through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette – I was watching tv and it just went black and the “Smart TV Powered by Tizen” is coming and going <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community handle.

Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

State of residence

Model

Serial Number

Product Issue

Kind regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
atteone
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi there!

I am having the same problem with my Samsung smart tv UE50TU8070UUXZT. 4 days ago I wrote an email to members.au@samsung.com explaining the problem , but haven't received any reply sofar. Do you know what are the average response times? Thanks a lot

0 Likes