Original topic:

Samsung LU28R550UQEXXY sound problem.

(Topic created on: 10-28-2022 07:11 PM)
Roozbehkh
Beginner Level 4
Options
TV & Audio
Hi all
I bought this Samsung 28 UHD monitor (28R55) and set it up. I am very happy with the display quality. However I cant get sound from the speakers. I have connected with HDMI to my laptop. The monitor volume is set to high and my laptop sound device is set to LU28R55 and is not muted.
Any idea what I should do?
I have installed the latest driver as well.

0 Likes
8 Comments
TV & Audio
Your speakers connected to your monitor?

Have you tried different HDMI cable?
Roozbehkh
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio
Thanks mate for your reply. I used the cable that comes with the monitor. I tried a different one but didn't change anything.
0 Likes
gamer17113
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio
The monitor might be faulty, you could take it back to the store you got it from or talk to samsung support
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @Roozbehkh, can you try:

• If you're using a PC with Windows 10, left click the speaker icon on the taskbar. Confirm the desired speakers are selected, or click the name of the current speakers to switch to the desired ones. Click and drag the volume slider to adjust the volume or unmute the speakers (if the volume is set to 0, the speakers are muted). After adjusting the volume (unless you mute it), you should hear a chime.
  • If you're using a Mac, navigate to the Menu, and then select System Preferences. Select Sound, select the Output tab, and then select your monitor. Deselect the Mute option if it's turned on, and then adjust the volume slider until you can hear the sound. 

If your monitor is not listed as an output device, make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

0 Likes
Roozbehkh
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio
Well I finally called Samsung and they told me the monitor doesn't have a speaker. So, the problem solved. I guess we bought a monitor only.
WHodgson
Beginner Level 3
TV & Audio

I just looked through the monitor specs and I don't see anything that says it has built-in speakers, which I guess I assumed when it showed up as speakers in the system.  Does this require a set of external speakers connected to the audio out jack?

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hey @WHodgson 

Yes it would require an et of external speakers to be connected. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes