Original topic:

The frame artwork so dull during the day

(Topic created on: 12-29-2022 08:26 PM)
GregST
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

Hoping for some tips to our problem....

We have just purchased a 65" the frame tv and everything is working great excluding the artwork...

Our living area has a lot of windows and is extremely bright during the day.

The intelligent mode adaptive picture works great for tv mode.. with the bright daylight in the room you can see the tv go into overdrive and get super bright looking great.

The art mode however seems to do the opposite.. at night time it looks fine. During daylight it's insanely dull... It almost looks like the screen has been covered with the darkest car window tint available.

I have adjusted the brightness to full within the art mode settings and it's marginally better but still looks like we've tinted our tv. 

Anything silly I'm missing to resolve this?

Thanks

62 Comments
yellowfish123
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Same problem here for 65" 2022 model. Looks great when I adjust brightness but that defuses the point of having a light sensor...

For those who had this fixed in some way - can you share details about what worked?

0 Likes
MrsKrisp
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Just installed my 65inch TV - in a room with lots of windows and the same problem. Very frustrating that their is no solution posted by Samsung as yet

0 Likes
SuzanneG
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio

I have the same issue with a 2022 model. Based on the lack of response with a solution, do we need to take this issue to a more public review forum?

flyonthewall
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

New TV, same problem. I was immediately surprised at how quickly the brightness dropped when switching to Art mode, Googled, and here I am. I will say that one workaround is that you can click the middle button on the remote and adjust the brightness (it starts out at the halfway point). IMO this is easier than downloading the app, but agree with everyone that this needs to be tuned. This seems like a software issue and so I think there is reason to hope that it could be corrected with a firmware update if Samsung were paying attention.

Jlager
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Same issue as everyone else. Just bought the tv. Seems like it was bright during daytime bright light for a few days but now it's way too dim.

Naagod
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Exactly same issue. Tv brightness in Art mode should automatically adjust accordingly . I would be happy if during the day brightness setting would automatically be set at  like  60% and at night time  20%. This seems to be something the dev team could implement  easily no? 

EA67
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

FWIW, my 43" Frame TV sits on a very dark side table.  I put a white piece of letter sized paper under the lower right corner, where the sensor is located.  That caused the picture (in Art mode) to brighten.  Turning on one room light made the picture brighten even more, to where it is acceptable during the daytime.   This did not seem to affect the TV/media mode operation.

This might help while waiting for a Samsung solution.

petrovic3
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

I have the same issue with a frame 65” 2022. Samsung please fix this with a software update! The sensor is clearly not working as it should. Maybe there should be a setting to calibrate it so it suits everyone? 

Woodah
Beginner Level 5
TV & Audio

I have just bought a 75” frame tv. Set it up today, did a firmware update but still the same issue it seems… turning off intelligent adaptive mode keeps the tv bright but art mode ignores it.

samsung - can I get a call as per the other person in this thread, for a remote connection to fix it? Or is an update coming soon??

dj_s
Beginner Level 3
TV & Audio

I have the EXACT same issue on my 2022 65” Frame TV. I’ve tried every combination of settings and am still stuck having to manually adjust the Art Mode brightness in the SmartThings app throughout the day and evening to the best setting. Annoying. 

0 Likes